UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Keeping Dogs Warm In Winter

kola

keeping dogs warm and comfy in the colder months-especially rescues in kennels;

Has anyone tried the snuggles, it's a disc shaped thingy which goes in the microwave, no wires, thought we would try for a kennel dog, goes under the bed?

also has anyone got a plastic bed which heats up, plugs in, did you get yours online-we really need one for an oldie, staffie sized but out of stock on the main site we tried :unsure: 30 inches size

Amanda

I've got Snugglesafes for my bunnies. They seem to hold the heat quite well.

Re the heated bed, just a thought but for our oldie cat Java we rigged up the base of a heated propagator as a bed (thing you use for germinating seedlings). Not sure if they come in Staffy size and obviously you'd want to be sure they weren't going to chew it, but might be worth a thought?

keeping dogs warm and comfy in the colder months-especially rescues in kennels;

Has anyone tried the snuggles, it's a disc shaped thingy which goes in the microwave, no wires, thought we would try for a kennel dog, goes under the bed?

also has anyone got a plastic bed which heats up, plugs in, did you get yours online-we really need one for an oldie, staffie sized but out of stock on the main site we tried :unsure: 30 inches size

Amanda

Not sure about the snuggles, but be careful with heated beds. If the dog doesn't move to much out of the bed they can get sweat sores on their under carriage. Could also please have via PM your address as it happens that I have a staffy sized spare warm coat here from Tango which I would be more than happy to give your oldie staffy, from one oldie (who I had because of you :flowers: ) to another oldie.

Cindy

I've got Snugglesafes for my bunnies. They seem to hold the heat quite well.

Re the heated bed, just a thought but for our oldie cat Java we rigged up the base of a heated propagator as a bed (thing you use for germinating seedlings). Not sure if they come in Staffy size and obviously you'd want to be sure they weren't going to chew it, but might be worth a thought?

our snugglesafes with covers just arrived in the post, going to have a trial tonight, the propagator is interesting-got two indoor cats will have a think on that...thanks :flowers: amanda x

for the old Staffie couldn't you use a puppy heat pad? the sort that plugs into the mains and stays warm but not hot? that is if there is a nearby power point of course! :wacko: x

we've got one oldie(13-15yrs) in kennel outside, he has a heat lamp (has a power point) got the snugglesafe to try for him so he has heat coming up from underneath, but can't use a plug in heat pad as he sometimes rucks up his bed when he has a moment and was worried about having anything plugged in,

the other oldie staffie, has a problem tail chasing which isn't totally sorted and never will be, we can't have heat pad plugged in which he might get caught in if he starts chasing and we don't get in to stop it on time, he loves a plastic bed, a big one!

Amanda x

Not sure about the snuggles, but be careful with heated beds. If the dog doesn't move to much out of the bed they can get sweat sores on their under carriage. Could also please have via PM your address as it happens that I have a staffy sized spare warm coat here from Tango which I would be more than happy to give your oldie staffy, from one oldie (who I had because of you :flowers: ) to another oldie.

Cindy

Thanks for tip :flowers:

just sent pm, that is kind, you make me cry now :GroupHug:

Amanda x

• 1 month later...