UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Landywoods

Mrs B

I never have problems with Landywoods. They have bent over backwards at times and changed late orders too. We mass order for several people.

They only have one refrigerated van. And the delivery chappy has just had both hips 'done' He comes along way and can not always predict how the traffic will be.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week, we're trying out DAF. :unsure: Apart from the fact that we have been going around in circles as they've said "we're delivering to your area when we have enough orders" while there's us hanging on trying to make sure we're not left without food for weeks.

I like DAF's stuff - it's packaged much better than Landywoods and in smaller quantities. It's all good quality meat as well and they have some interesting variations on mixes. Their turkey necks are expensive but huge and lots of meat on them. I don't by their bones cos I once got some lamb ribs and I didn't like them so I get mine from the butcher.

However like you Mrs B ...it's a real struggle getting delivery dates at the moment. Initially Lee was really on the ball and replied to emails almost immediately ....and deliveries were brilliant but whether they're overstretching themselves at the moment or what I don't know? I've offered to meet the delivery van on route, as my order has reduced somewhat due to people I shared with moving, but he only gave me 2 days notice of a delivery and that was over a weekend .....and that was after several emails asking when this would be.

I really would like to continue using them .......... :unsure:

Is everybody else on the Manchester run getting their deliveries as normal .......... or is it just me he doesn't want to deliver to? :mecry:

I was thinking about using DAF for my next order instead of Landywoods, but it sounds like their delivery is even less reliable than Landywoods!! Alex, let me know if you find out when they are next coming to Manchester/Cheshire cos I will be due another delivery in 2/3 weeks so it might fit in well.

I know I'm a 'newbie' when it comes to Landywoods cos I've only used em since Jan, but they have always been good and Janet is always nice to me on phone (prob cos I'm nice to her :laugh: )

the only c*** up I had was the last del when both of their vans crashed on same day, one of em was my delivery van (thank dog the drivers were ok tho' eh)?