UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

3 Year Vaccinations?

EAD

I keep track myself of whether they are having the inbetween years 2 vaccine booster or the full lot, altho it's quite clear on their cards which it should be, and the vet seems quite aware. The 2 inbetween years it's lepto plus one other, can't recall now which. Think cost is same or similar for them all.

Kyla has eventually got her booster for this year, with the lepto only.

Apparently shes been vaccinated with Nobivac for the last two years, same goes for Lily and Benji.

Slightly disappointed in my vets but at least I know now.

She couldnt give me a price as there was nothing noted on the pc so that makes me think they dont do the individual vaccines too often :unsure:

• 3 months later...

Hi all, I don't post a lot on here, tend to be a bit of a :Lurking: but I was wondering if anyone can help?

I have missed my dogs boosters because I've been fannying around wondering if I should bother with boosters or not having read stuff on this and other forums about annual vaccs being unnecessary. Anyway, I've now decided to have them done because I am going to register one of my dogs to be a PAT dog and they require the dogs to be up to date. So I rang my vets and found out that because I have left it too long (over 18 months) they have to have the whole course done again. So my question is, where can I find a vet who is willing to do less than annual boosters????

Hi all, I don't post a lot on here, tend to be a bit of a :Lurking: but I was wondering if anyone can help?

I have missed my dogs boosters because I've been fannying around wondering if I should bother with boosters or not having read stuff on this and other forums about annual vaccs being unnecessary. Anyway, I've now decided to have them done because I am going to register one of my dogs to be a PAT dog and they require the dogs to be up to date.

From Pets as Therapy website http://www.petsastherapy.org/

' to be fully vaccinated or homoeopathically protected'

So you could use homeopathic nosodes, but you would need to find a homeopathhic vet.

Abby came to me unvaccinated and the rescue didn't know when it was due, when I went to my vet she said that they don't believe in over vaccinating and that she would only give her the booster. I know when Ailsa was alive my vet was happy only to vaccinate her every 18 months or so.

Terri

Blackmagic - thanks for pointing that out for me, I hadn't noticed that bit before. I have done a quick search on the web for a homeopathic vet but I only found one and its quite far away. I don't believe that though so I think I'm going to ring round a few vets to ask.

Ailsas mum - I had a look at my dogs vac log books last night and it turns out that Molly is only 5 months overdue, Lenny is 7 months. Lenny has only had his puppy and his first booster (they are nobivac so the ones he's had are the full ones, the next one should be less components so I'm not happy about him having to have the whole course again). I think I'm going to do a bit of ringing around to find another vet - at least for their vaccinations. There is a rescue centre down the road from me, I might pop down to have a chat with him and see what he does in a situation like yours.

There is one for kennel cough but I choose not to take it, I'm hoping that Spud won't need boosting for more than the 3 years, time will tell

Hi, I have titre tested my dogs for some years now. Barty will be 5 in May and so far he has shown full immunity to everything. He was even showing antibodies to lepto last time, which showed he had come in contact with the disease and was producing an immune response. So he hasn't even had the lepto one. Choe was blood tested 9 months after receiving her full puppy vacs and showed no immunity to lepto, so the tests aren't foolproof because they will only show a response to challenge to lepto.

Anne, Barty & Chloe