UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Vibes Needed For Lurcher With Broken Leg.

Cottage Rescue

Hi just wanted to share this poor dog with you all,

It took 4 days to catch him, he was left on an abandoned Halting site in Ireland, so in the end I had to sedate him and Travellers helped me to catch him and put him into the van as I was not in the best of health or had the strength.

He is going to have a full Amputation on Tuesday, so I want good vibes for him as he is terrified of humans and is also slightly FERAl but I am sure that with time and a bit of TLC he will come along nicely.

His poor leg is totally mangled!!

I only want to show his poor leg to people here and am not looking for any donations towards his surgery as our Vet Marta is very good to us here in Cottage Rescue!

1-14.jpg

2-11.jpg

3-7.jpg

I am hoping that some of you may also come with a nice name for him.

Poor lad. It's a shame when they have to lose a leg but he'll do just fine without it bless him. I hope he learns to trust you quickly after the op and lets you help him easily. It's scary when they first come out having lost a leg isn't it. Sending him lots of positive thoughts. Hope he has fighting spirit to see him through well. Bless his heart and you for taking good care of him. :wub:

Poor dog. Do you know how that happened?

Hope the op & his recovery with you goes well.

As for a name how about

"Calmacht." or "Cridhe" - seemed to be some confusion over whether Calmacht is Irish or Gaelic, Cridhe is apparently Gaelic but according to a quick search both are said to mean courage which was what seemed appropriate to me looking at him standing there on three legs & considering everything else you'd said of him