UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Is There Justice Out There

flukespad

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's her name Stevie

I have called her Kirana which is Indonesian for " beautiful ray of light" she is a sweetheart and has lit up my household and fingers crossed some day she will do the same for someone else.

This little girl was found by a gentleman in Tipperary beginning of Sept.He kept her for a couple of days till Hannah ( Cottage Rescue) came back off her hols from haggis hunting in Scotland :laugh: Hannah had only been back a couple of hours when this little one landed on her doorstep. She was immediately put in quarantine and medical treatment was started. It was obvious to all that she had severe mange and maluntriton.When Hannah told me about her I offered to take her as soon as she was able to travel and it was cleared by vet. She is here for the long haul and it allows Hannah to help more. This mad Irish woman is a saint and takes in all animals including horses swans and anything that needs help even when she has no more room. By taking this little girl we hope we have helped her help others that could be in a worse state or even die.

She is seen by our vets weekly ( sometimes tice weekly) and sadly may have some renal problems due to the malnutrition only time will tell,Her back legs are very weak and had no muscle there to speak of to support her although she can move when suits her (ie food around :rolleyes: ) she has had ear and eye infections caused by the mange, she has problems tolerating food and is often sick and had constant diahorrea till last week ( some of this maybe due to the stress of all she has been through in her short life) she has a flea allergie and demodetic mange. She has been tested by us for everything we can think of and does not have parvo,distemper, ecoli or any other contagious diesease.She is on antibiotics, anti emetics, ear drops, eye drops and daily baths. She is being fed eight little meals over 24 hour period (size of a couple of dessert spoons) of a natural low protein/fat diet (just incase of renal problems) and is being topped up with alfalfa and kelp for extra vits and minerals.

And still lets me cuddle her after all the wicked things I do to her and put her through :wub:

'Kirana' - beautiful name for a beautiful girl! :wub:

You've met two extremes of people in your short life - the evil and

wonderful!

Thankfully for you, the latter outnumbered the evil by 3 to 1 and now

you've landed on your paws.

You'll be OK now, 'cause that Stevie, well she's alright (and between you and me,

a bit of a pushover if you use those eyes right) :wink:

:mecry: I could hardly bear to look at the photos of this beautiful little girl then i saw the last one she is doing so well

May the B*****DS rot for letting her get like that :mad:

I just hope that she will be well enough to get her forever home before too long :wub:

• 1 month later...

Look at this sad bundle all those weeks ago

s19.jpg

Here she is with her snood on that was kindly sent to her by elricc to keep her head and ears warm when she was growing all her fur back

uskirana25.jpg

And my street cred went stright out the window last Sunday when Kathy & David who have been fostering her for three weeks for us turned up at my place .I could not believe the fabulous shep girl that got out of their car and promtly burst into tears ( must be cos have not been well and a bit run down well thats my excuse :laugh: ) This girl has had a very long, painful journey and close to not making it but at last turning into the beautiful young lady she should be :wub:

uskirana21.jpg

uskirana20.jpg

uskirana24.jpg

uskirana22.jpg

and guess what this little girl is not looking for a home as she is staying with them and becoming big sister to Missie the lab x pup they have also adopted from us :partytime:

That's absolutely fanbloodytastic - the best end there could ever be to this story!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

(apart from a short epilogue that mentions that whoever got her in the state she was in is now suffering from chronic mange - call me evil if you will :wink: )

Welcome home beautiful Kirana!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: