UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oh How We Love To Be Beside The Sea Side!

BillyMalc

Today me and a friend took 'the hooligans' for a day out by the seaside, at Formby Point. The getting there and back is a whole story in itself, but the day itself was brilliant! :cool: :cool:

We'd brought the chuck-it and played ball for hours. :) Sparky doesn't 'do' running after balls though, so every now and then we'd put the thing away for a while so as to let them have a run and play without having a ball involved. It was packed where we parked and got onto the beach, but about half a mile on we had miles of beach all to ourselves. Formby is just brilliant, one of the best beaches for dogs I've ever been to! :biggrin:

Kiera being cheeky - as well as very possessive over "her" ball! - knowing that as long as she'll stay in the water with it, none of the other dogs would take it off her; Kiera is the only one who "does" swimming :rolleyes:

Formby061022007008.jpg

By the end of the day, however, Sophie had plucked up the courage - fed by an as great an obsession as Kiera when it comes to playing ball - and ran alongside her in the water :)

Formby061022007001.jpg

Sophie making a clever move to avoid Kiera grabbing the ball

Formby061022007014.jpg

"C'mon then, throw it, throw it!!"

Formby061022007016.jpg

"I's got sand evry wher!"

Formby061022007003.jpg

Having a short break: Sparky sharing a cuddle with Mike and Merlin, his bestest friends in the whole wide world! :wub:

Formby061022007004.jpg

We've now got 3 very tired doggies at home - and Sophie can barely move! She couldn't even get off the bed for her dinner so she had to be fed in bed, bless her!

Oh, that does look a great dog-beach. Certainly looks like they all had fun. :biggrin:

Is Kiera an EBT x Collie? She's so gorgeous. :wub:

You're not the first one to ask that Jo, I've had several people asking me. :) I've got absolutely no clue, but somehow doubt that she's a straight cross EBTxCollie. She's definitely got a lot of collie traits, as well as being bull headed, so who knows? :rolleyes:

Lovely photos, we were down there yesterday but were in the woods :biggrin:

Hmmm, what with our hooligans I'm afraid the red squirrel population would have been decimated by our lot, and we all strung up by outraged members of the public, had we gone to the woods yesterday! :ohmy: Nah, we'll play it safe and stay on the beach! :wink: