UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Kennel Cough

Hevvur

When ours had KC a few months ago we used children's benelyn and also spoon fed them a little bit of honey which helped ease their sore throats (they also loved that bit of medicine! :rolleyes: ). The combo seemed to work well and they recovered pretty quickly.

Hope they get better soon :flowers:

Demodectic mange appears when the immune system is low (Teagan had it as a youngish pup).

My first dog Charlie had demodectic mange as a pup and had a couple of bouts of KC and an allergic reaction to something else in the few months after I got him.

However, his immune system did recover and he had no further problems and didn't even catch KC from the next dog I adopted.

Pam

My first dog Charlie had demodectic mange as a pup and had a couple of bouts of KC and an allergic reaction to something else in the few months after I got him.

However, his immune system did recover and he had no further problems and didn't even catch KC from the next dog I adopted.

Pam

Thats great!

Teagans immune system seems to have recovered well too!

This is the first time she's had KC (I work at a kennels, and we had to take a dog to the vets, and the dog came back with KC), so i'm hoping she may build up a bit of immunity to KC now she's had it.

• 3 weeks later...