UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Angel Again.

tracey.s

Lily :wub: They could be twins :ohmy:

I had a word with the vet yesterday and told him how bad she was after her last anaesthetic. He agreed not to give her the ACP this time. They may well be regretting this now :glare:

The vet nurse decided rather than put her in a kennel they would leave her to recover in the consultation room. It has 2 solid sliding doors.

After her op they put her back in there to recover. The vet nurse was in the shed at the back of the surgery and Angel has managed to open one of the sliding doors, get out of the back door, out of the gate surrounding the vets, and took off at warp speed up the main road of the village. :ohmy: :angry:

Apparantly for a wonky old lady she can run quickly. :huh:

Luckily, my best friend and her hubby were at the vets and he headed her off.(He's kennel manager for the MOD up here) She's unsure of strange men so, she shot straight back towards the vet nurse who, managed to catch her. They're convinced she was looking for me and trying to find her way home. :mecry:

She follows me everywhere. She sits at the side of me when i'm in the bath, and she paces if i ever go out without her. She loves her mummy :wub: She's obviously been stressed at me not being there and disorientated from the anaesthetic. God alone knows what would have happened if there had been a car. The road she was running up gets very busy. This is so unlike her. She has amazing recall and has never put a paw wrong while she's been with me. (I told you she was going to turn me grey)

So, she is much brighter than last time and altogether 4 more cysts were removed. She's snoozing on her bed now happy that she's home.(safe and alive :angry:)

Glad to hear Angel is recovering well - though I think I might have had a few words to say to that vets nurse :closedeyes:

Should she need any more ops it might be worth asking about propoflo.

When Jo had her operation I was asked if I wanted them to use propoflo - which cost an extra £7 per 10kg but they recommend it for older dogs in particular & it is supposed to enable them to bring your dog round more easily in the event of complications etc, leave fewer after effects etc.

They said she might not eat well that night but in fact she was her normal self when I picked her up only a couple of hours after her op & she ate as always.

My sister has a Bernese - under a year old but because they are said not to take well to anaesthetic I suggested she ask for it. Apparently her vets use it as a matter of course - although he was still much more groggy than Jo had been to be honest.