UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Photos Of My Daughter Rachel Horseriding (refuge Auction Item)

Brenda

In the last Refuge auction, my 17 year old daughter Rachel bid on an item that Jacky had donated for horseriding on the beach! This is something Rachel had always wanted to do, so she made sure she was the highest bidder!

We were at Little Dumpledale last week (see other thread) so decided to extend our holiday and travel from Pembrokeshire to Angelsey and stay overnight, returning home after Rachel's horseriding the following day. I must confess we didn't realise it was going to be such a marathon journey, but at least the scenery was good!!

Rachel had a fantastic time riding and got on well with Jacky. Jacky had said Rachel and the dogs could stay overnight at hers and me and OH stayed in a local hotel, we couldn't find anywhere that would let us take the dogs. I was quite worried about them, Caleb can be hyper and Rudy can be unpredictable, but apparently they were fine, apart from Rudy scent marking a table in Jacky's lounge!! :blush02:

We had a lovely walk with Jacky and her dogs before retiring to the hotel. Rachel and Jacky both love films, Dr Who and animals, so had lots to talk about! Here are a few photos. I apologise that none are actually at the beach, but we went to the wrong beach and by the time we found the beach they were on, they had to leave as the horses were spooked by some people or windsurfing thingies.

Thanks so much Jacky for donating such a wonderful auction item and for your hospitality too. :flowers:

Rachelhorseriding5.jpg

Rachelhorseriding3.jpg

Rachelhorseriding7.jpg

Rachelhorseriding2.jpg

:biggrin: I'm so glad Rachel enjoyed it, I'm sorry about the stupid windsurfy things :angry: :angry: . The horses have never seen them before so quiet rightly were very spooked. I enjoyed it, was impressed by Kane's behaviour (for once he was perfect!!). The weather wasn't the kindest too us either...very very windy but at least we kept dry!!!

The horse Rachel was riding is Danny, he belongs to my friend so I thank her for letting us use him for the auction too. Unfortunately she's had a big op and is off riding for a few months so she was happy for Danny to go out. He's a fantastic horse and such a kind boy.

Got Rileyroo coming this sunday for her ride, decided against doing the same ride as I did with Rachel so hopefully we'll get some better beach pictures this time (and the weather is supposed to be nice as well!!! :laugh: ).

Yes, sorry Jacky, please thank your friend for letting Rachel ride Danny. Rachel loved him, and so well behaved too. It's not your fault about the windurfing things and I don't blame the horses for being scared. Nevertheless, she had a great time. :flowers: