UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bit Of Advice Please

tracey.s

As far as her shoulder goes she's recovering well. However, she's been a bit flat since monday. Nothing i could specifically put my finger on. She's finished her antibiotics and rimadyl. She's eating her meals ok but not interested in any of her treats. Drinking and toileting normally. However, yesterday she starting coughing. Not loads and not all the time. I can't see it being KC as she's not been around any dogs other than ozzy since her op. Ozzy's not coughing either.

When she coughs she's obviously coughing something up as she's chewing after. (sorry!!) The only way i can think to describe it is it sounds like when a dog has eaten something too quick and then coughs it up to get it back down properly. :wacko:

I've rung the vets and he wants to see her tomorrow at 12.30. She's had some benylin but she really didn't want to take it.

Any thoughts?

I did wonder that at first but, she's only been on one walk since her op last wednesday. She hasn't been up to it. We haven't had any dogs in the house and none of the people with dogs that come here have got dogs coughing :unsure: I can't understand how she's got it if it is :unsure:

Edited by tracey.s

No, It's like a huff

I asked the vets if she could have picked it up there but, they haven't had any dogs in with KC

It does sound like KC - is she sort of retching when she coughs?

For dogs to catch KC I don't think the symptoms necessarily need to be showing, so it can be caught while it's still in its incubation stages :flowers:

Have a look here.

I hope the beautiful girl feels better soon :GroupHug:

Edited by madmerle

Some kidney and heart problems have a cough as you described it. Snatch has a cough, quite hacked and just every now and again and he has heart and kidney failure. It could also be a bronchitis type infection. Don't worry too much until you have seen the vet :GroupHug:

Cindy