UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Any Organisation That Is Interested In Adopting One Of Them?

Brindlebabe

Sadly for every ten dogs rescued, there are probably twenty to take their place :mecry: I suppose the only hope is that the younger generation will be taught that their lifestyle and the way they treat their dogs is cruel...but I won't hold my breath.

I hope and pray that poor bitch who was run over died instantly and didn't suffer. Thank the gods that there are people out there who care for these poor dogs.

Just out of interest because I really don't know...and not meaning this in any way to be "anti religion" ...but Spain and Ireland both have very bad names for animal cruelty and are both staunch Roman Catholic countries in the main. I know Hindus venerate dogs, but Muslims consider them unclean, don't know what the Catholic church's take on them is? The population of most Catholic countries deeply revere the Pope and follow his teachings, if he could be persuaded to say something in defence of these poor dogs saying how they should be cared for and condemning those who treat them cruelly maybe they would listen?

I'm down in SW France not far from the Spanish border at the moment. Some lovely people on SOL donated items to Passion Levriers for the podencos in Ibiza who were in danger, in fact the guy who owned them shot quite a number when he found out they were to confiscated because of his cruelty and lack of care. He fled to the hills with those that were left, some are now in France in rescue. PL also work with Kimba and I'm going to deliver the parcels to Virginie who runs PL and also meet with an Englishman down here who is also involved in PL. Will have a better idea of what is needed and how Kimba can be helped after I've met with them. Will let you know exactly what I find out. I am also trying to find foster homes in France for these dogs which will either be rehomed in Europe or in the UK (if possible) once they have their passports. These hounds are all terrified and will probably be much the same as Laura's Vena when they first go into foster homes and possibly, their new homes too. It will take special people to help them but just read Vena's diary to see what is possible with love, tlc, patience and good food.

Edited by Nettie

Just out of interest because I really don't know...and not meaning this in any way to be "anti religion" ...but Spain and Ireland both have very bad names for animal cruelty and are both staunch Roman Catholic countries in the main. I know Hindus venerate dogs, but Muslims consider them unclean, don't know what the Catholic church's take on them is? The population of most Catholic countries deeply revere the Pope and follow his teachings, if he could be persuaded to say something in defence of these poor dogs saying how they should be cared for and condemning those who treat them cruelly maybe they would listen?

The previous Pope did speak against festivals in which goats etc were killed for sport, and the official line is that animals have souls but it is not known what kind. Can't quote chapter and verse on that though.