UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Best Diet For Puppy?

Guest jandy

I have a Border Collie puppy of 14 weeks. At the moment I am feeding James Wellbeloved puppy, but he really isn't very keen on it.

I was wondering what everyone else used.

Hiya

I'm a Burns fan :biggrin: - all mine have been started off on Burns Mini Bites - which is designed for small dogs and doubles up as a puppy food. I then put them on Burns Maintenance (chicken & brown Rice) or Burns Lamb/Brown Rice at about 6 months of age.

Here's the link to Burns with lots of useful info ......

http://www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk

Sandra

Just as an aside to this. It is important not to keep changing her diet if she turns her nose up at it one day - we did that with our shepherd and she is now the pickiest eater going. Now in our house, what isn't eaten within 10 minutes of the dish going down on the floor, is removed and no more food is given till next mealtime. They all know this and usually eat it all up :)

BTW - mine get fed Burns too :)

Naturediet do a puppy version. I feed my dogs the adult version and they love it, I think it's excellent quality for a pet food.

Ange's post just reminded me to mention, I do add a little Naturediet to my lot's evening meal too - mine love it too :wink: (they are fed twice a day) but your littlun is probably too young to worry about doing that and I only started because Skye (deceased) had so many pills and potions added to his food. I just carried on the routine as they love it :)

Sandra