UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Obedience Shows

LurcherGirl

Dylan and I have been doing competitive obedience for a few years (three to be precise...). We upped our efforts last and this year as we had to train for college at an advanced level. This has made the world of difference, and finally, we have a break-through.

On 24th June, we went to an obedience show, and although we lost a few points, it was the first time that Dylan (and I) actually really enjoyed our round and that I could be sure that Dylan did what he was supposed to do. Mistakes always happen of course (e.g. he dropped the dumbell on that day), but until last year, I was never sure whether Dylan would do anything at all... If it hadn't been raining, he would have done even better, I am sure. (He hates the rain).

Well, we got a lovely write up by the judge; they loved Dylan. He also made us laugh when he came through my legs to shelter from the rain at the end of the round instead of going into the heel position. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Here's a picture someone took on the day (sorry for looking like a hoodie... it was raining :cool: )

DylanandVeraOb240607.jpg

We lost 7 1/2 points, 2 of which were for dropping the dumbell. I was particularly proud that Dylan did both the sit and down stay perfectly well despite the rain and therefore having to sit/lay in the wet! Quite an achievement for a lurcher, I'd say! :flowers:

Edited by LurcherGirl

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be at the South Eastern on Saturday, but as a helper as I am a member there. Will not get there till after lunch though as I have my own classes to run until 1 pm. But will probably be hanging around the tombola stall from about 2ish... Would be great to see you again.

Vera

Edited by LurcherGirl

I'll be at the South Eastern on Saturday, but as a helper as I am a member there. Will not get there till after lunch though as I have my own classes to run until 1 pm. But will probably be hanging around the tombola stall from about 2ish... Would be great to see you again.

Vera

Ooops! Make that Open C on Saturday and Beginners on Sunday. I'm stewarding C Dog Vera, come on over and say hello!! :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Teddy got 4th in A at Walsall today :biggrin:

He was joint lead going into scent and did a much improved version, i.e. 90% of brain engaged before legs :biggrin: He's lead A before but thrown it on scent as he finds it SOOOoOOOoooo exciting but I don't know what I'm doing and we've only been properly training it for the last 3 weeks so I was WELL chuffed with my little clever Bear :biggrin:

And no barking either (he got all the sausages today and is a very happy looking Bear :biggrin: )

:flowers: Well done Lindsey and Teddy :biggrin:

WE got nuffink again but I was fairly pleased with what we did do. Tia managed both her Novice stays and did the sit in A (didn't try for the down). Keira engaged her brain for most of the Novice heelwork (broke her sit stay) and young Glen almost did his stays in Novice (went down in the sit just on return)

Is anyone going to Ditton next weekend? They have had to change venues cos of F&M and are now at Culverston.

Well done Sandra, you must have been busy working 3!!! What a good boy baby Glen was, Jack should be making his debut next year. How is he in the ring?

Went to Ditton last year, think it was where we won out of Novice but it was such a long way so didn't enter this year. Well done them for re-organising at such speed and not accepting cancellation.

Got myself booked for stewarding next year in the North, actually looking forward to it but me and directions :ohmy:

Well done Sandra, you must have been busy working 3!!! What a good boy baby Glen was, Jack should be making his debut next year. How is he in the ring?

Went to Ditton last year, think it was where we won out of Novice but it was such a long way so didn't enter this year. Well done them for re-organising at such speed and not accepting cancellation.

Got myself booked for stewarding next year in the North, actually looking forward to it but me and directions :ohmy:

He doesn't do ring work yet, we are just putting bits together atm which will hopefully result in some nice heelwork later (so my trainer says anyway :unsure: )

Stewarding can be fun, I've done up as far as Open C - what class are you doing?