UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Met A Cat Last Night

taylor

I met a cat last night, after picking up the OH from the pub i was driving home and noticed a cat in the road. It was a residential / through road and quiet at 1 in the morning.

anyhow not being one to drive by i grabbed a blanket and went out to pick it up , it had been hit so hard it was bleeding rapidly, one eye was protruding from its head and half its face was smashed away. I wrapped it in the blanket and felt its broken body crumble whilst picking it up. The road was a 30mph one and im sure the cat was hit on purpose.

I couldnt tell anyone because people dont want to hear that kind of stuff, why share the sadness. I placed the poor dead body on the side of the road wrapped the blanket up around it and said goodbye , came home and hugged my animals.

So to the cat that was a victim you were very loved, enjoy the bridge you deserve to and im so sorry about the lack of mercy you recieved from humankind.

:GroupHug:

So sorry, poor cat. :GroupHug:

Many years ago, I actually ran over and killed one of my own cats when I was turning into my drive and was doing about 5 miles an hour. It can happen in the blink of an eye.

However, I would never, ever drive on after hitting something, even a little bird, without checking whether it was killed outright or only injured.

• 3 weeks later...