UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Possible Obstruction.....

Tempest

Well if it's any comfort, Sophie passed one of these bags the other day with no ill effects. It must have been one of the fat-balls from the bird feeder, I had no idea she'd eaten one until the 'evidence' came out the other end.

I'm now taking the fat-balls out of the little netting bags before I put them out for the birds!

Our Labrador, Rosie, seems to have a fetish for dirty women's knickers as well as socks, so we bought a lidded laundry basket, she then moved on to ST's, so I made sure that my shower room door was always closed, which was fine for a while. Last September we took on a female student from Argentina for 10 months thru American Field Services, whose english is very good, but can I get her to close the bathroom door when needed??......NO! :ohmy:

In the meantime my oldest baby became a woman, if you know what I mean, & now I've got to train her.....I think I'll just have to buy bins with pop up lids or something :wacko:

Help!!! :wacko:

When we were out on our walk earlier Jess managed to eat one of those netting bags - the type that you get choclate coins in at Xmas :ohmy:

It was full of something horrid, grey and mushy and before I could get it off her she swallowed it :ohmy:

I spoke to the vet and she said that with that kind of netting material it would be best not to try and get her to bring it back up but just hope that it passes through 'naturally' :unsure:

I've got to monitor for her for any signs of an obstruction in the next few days - so lots of 'pass through swiftly bright green netting bag' thoughts would be muchly appreciated :flowers:

It was only last weekend we were at the emergency vets after her poo eating hobby gave her a stomach bug :ohmy:

Oooops! forgot to add :GroupHug: :GroupHug: & best wishes for your poo fishing activities....hope she's felling better soon

Just a quick update to say that Jess pooped the bag through whole this morning - hurrrrah!! :biggrin:

It did take a bit of straining to get it out bless her but at least it's gone now!! :biggrin: On the bright side I now no longer have to be on poop patrol :laugh:

Jules, bet your relieved, but dissapointed, what are you going to do with your time now. :laugh:

Jess certainly has kept you on your toes since she came to live with you, but I am sure you would not swop her for the world. My Brodie was the one in our household. He would cause himself problems, accidently come across problems and then be down right picked for problems. My other dogs visited the vets for check ups and when they got really old. With Brodie I was on the coffee rota there :laugh:

So glad all's wel that ends well.

Alison

Edited by Brodies Mum