UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thoughts For My Cairn Oldie Girl

Dog Rescue Lover

Masses of Reiki for her if she wants it. Does sound possible she's pulled/twisted something - if so, a doggie chiropractor/Bowen therapist/ craniosacral therapist/acupuncturist would be able to help. See what's available locally and go for whichever is the gentlest. If you have a choice, I know that craniosacral doesn't hurt at all, dogs usually love acupuncture and the other two are supposed to be relatively gentle too.

All the best :GroupHug:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't she lovely! Hope she's feeling brighter soon, it's awful when you don't know what to do isn't it. :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :wub:

She is the sweetest little girl :wub: Everyone she meets loves her and wants to take her home because shes just so friendly.

She seems fairly bright again this morning, but isn't moving around too much which does suggest she has pulled something. She isn't limping just seems very cautious when moving. Shes going to the toilet OK, so I don't think its a tummy upset. I'll just keep an eye on her for now.

Thanks for the suggestions Muriel. I'll have a look and see if we've got anything local.

Nothing local at all :(

I'm probably going to take her back to the vets tomorrow morning. Shes still not right and is displaying odd behaviour. She been in her bed all day. When I got her dinner ready, she stayed in her bed until I called her (usually shes very excited about her dinner and runs around barking at everything :rolleyes: ) She then got up and I fed her outside (the sun is shining here!), thinking that once shes had her dinner she can go to the toilet, come back in and go back to sleep. She had about 2 mouthfuls of dinner (rice, chicken and hot dog sausages) and started going round backwards looking very uncomfortable. She stopped at the top of the steps and then didn't move. I hand fed her some chicken, which she had, but she wasn't interested in eating it out of the bowl (she has never been a fussy eater so this is new for her). She went to the loo, I let her back in and she went straight to the settee, jumped up on her blanket and lay down. An hour later I went back into the lounge to check on her and she was having a drink. So, I tried her with her dinner again and she ate a lot more this time. But then stopped again, started rushing around the loubge looking very uncomfortable and leapt into her bed and lay down, as if the effort of it all was too much :unsure:

Has anyone experienced these kind of symptoms before? I'm at a loss as to know what to do (other than taking her back to the vets) :mecry:

She's clearly not right bless her is she. I'd get her back to the vets tomorrow morning. What are her poops like? Sending lots of healing thoughts to her and hope she is more comfortable soon. Is she walking ok and how does she hold her body/head when she moves/stands?

She is pooing normally. She is walking OK and leaps onto the settee without any problems. It just seems to be an effort for her? When she stands its as if shes got the hump with me and doesn't really want to look at me. But then she wants to lick my hand. :unsure: (shes a very licky dog normally)

Took her this morning to the vets and it just get stranger and stranger.

She was very lethargic again overnight and this morning. Same general unease with things and still definitely not herself. The vet (I think she was a locum, as I've never seen her before) gave her another physical check over and took her temperature. Nothing wrong, but still a little uncomfortable when having her tummy felt. The decided to take bloods and asked us to wait for the results. While waiting (she had a pain killing injection by this time too) a Collie came into the waiting room and she perked up. Tried to play with it, got all excited and became her normal self. I can only assume the pain killer had kicked in and she was feeling better (this also happened on Wednesday when we took her - the effect was almost immediate).

The results came back and it was good news. All of her levels were fine (even the protein ones which were up in January) and everything they had checked for came back all clear. The vet said there was nothing else she could do, so we just need to keep an eye on her.

If shes still like this on Monday, shes to go back and have x-rays and possibly a scan. At the moment shes fine (because of the injection), so I've just fed her and shes eaten that without any problems and she seems to be drinking normally again (she didn't drink much at all yesterday). I'm baffled :unsure:

I think I'd find another vet to be honest. There is something not right with her. Dogs are only lethargic when something is the matter with them. If she doesn't like her tum being touched etc and is behaving sensitively then it needs further investigation. Glad the results came back good as that rules some things out. Sorry you haven't found out what the matter is. :GroupHug:

If shes still like this on Monday, I'll insist on seeing one of the senior vets, as I have known then for years and years and fully trust them. The vet today was a locum and I'd never seen her before.

The upside of having a pain relief injection today is that Lucy ahs ben so much brighter today and more like her old self. Having spent most of the morning at the vets, I was late for agility, so didn't take Annie. I took Lucy with me instead, just to wonder around and she loved seeing all the other dogs. Shes had food and water today, so we'll see what tomorrow brings (when the pain killer starts to wear off). :wub: