UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hydrotherapy Pools

staffymad

Hi,

As Ruby has now been refered by my vet to do hydrotherapy sessions to help with her fluid hips, I am on the hunt for a good one in my area-ish.

I have found the following 3 pools who are members of the CHA and was wondering if anyone used any of those and what their thoughts were as I want to make sure Ruby goes to the best one.

1. Bristol Canine Hydrotherapy Centre

2. The Dog Spa in Blackwood

3. Wye Valley Canine Hydrotherapy Referral Clinic

They all look ok on the websites however I would prefer to get some ideas from peeps who have used them in the past.

Also, does anyone know if it is ok to go and visit the centres prior to committing?

Cheers

Cindy :flowers:

Hi,

As Ruby has now been refered by my vet to do hydrotherapy sessions to help with her fluid hips, I am on the hunt for a good one in my area-ish.

I have found the following 3 pools who are members of the CHA and was wondering if anyone used any of those and what their thoughts were as I want to make sure Ruby goes to the best one.

1. Bristol Canine Hydrotherapy Centre

2. The Dog Spa in Blackwood

3. Wye Valley Canine Hydrotherapy Referral Clinic

They all look ok on the websites however I would prefer to get some ideas from peeps who have used them in the past.

Also, does anyone know if it is ok to go and visit the centres prior to committing?

Cheers

Don't know anything about these pools but I have used one close to me and I went to visit first.

The lady was quite happy to show me round. She explained all the procedures and answered all my questions.

She even let my bitch mooch about the place and' find the biscuits' as she had had a previous bad experience at a pool and I thought she might react badly to the environment.

As with kennels, you are entrusting your dog to someone else so I think you are entitled to make sure you are happy with everything.

Hi

I've used the Wye Valley Canine Hydrotherapy Referral Clinic, purely for recreation, with a friend and our Spanish Water dogs. The facilities were clean and the staff helpful although they didn't get involved as there was no therapy involved, we just wanted to swim the dogs. Another dog was coming in for theapy as we left and he seemed very pleased to be there!

Hope that helps a bit.

Hi

I've used the Wye Valley Canine Hydrotherapy Referral Clinic, purely for recreation, with a friend and our Spanish Water dogs. The facilities were clean and the staff helpful although they didn't get involved as there was no therapy involved, we just wanted to swim the dogs. Another dog was coming in for theapy as we left and he seemed very pleased to be there!

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks, that is great. :flowers:

I use the Dog Spa with Buster for regular hydro sessions. Bert & Norah are lovely, so lovely that they let us groom from there!!!

The pool is clean and both Bert & Norah are used to dealing with dogs of all shapes and sizes. If need be one of them will get in the pool with some of the larger dogs on their first swim, but usually after a session or two the dogs can't wait to get in on their own and swim and play!!

As well as the pool they've got a big spa bath thing - big metal tank that's a bit like a jacuzzi. Its brilliant when Buster's back has gone into spasm and he needs a bit of extra help. They also have a physiotherapist who works out of there once a week and can do sessions if need be.

I know they welcome people to go up and look round. If you do go and visit ask if I'm there and come and find me!

As you can see Buster hates it!!!

busterswimming.jpg

Rhomi has fun swims from time to time just because she enjoys it!

rhomibally.jpg

Siân

Edited by gsdsian