UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Would You Do?

amanda72

My sons mate who is 15 was walking back to his house last Tuesday, at 4.20 pm, A bloke at the time we had no idea where he was from pulled up in his car just a few doors away from where this boy lives, ran towards him tried to grab him in to his car!!!

Lucky enough this boy got away and ran to his home, police where called, taken a statement and told if he saw him again to call 999 straight away.

Two days later he saw the said man with his dog, and told his parents, found out he lives in our road, phoned the police, this I can not believe, the police had said over the phone to his dad, the officers that are dealing with it are not on duty and will go round on Saturday, I have just been told by son they still have not been round and supposedly going tonight, the worst of it is this man has done this before and is known to the police!! :angry: What is it going to take for them to do something?, the dad said if they do not do something by this evening he will take the law into his own hands, I don't blame him at all, this is a teenager, he could try and do it again and the next child may not be so fortunate!!

Let the Police deal with it.If anyone else tries they will end up with a criminal conviction instead of the real criminal sadly.

I would also advise them to contact the Family Protection Unit of your local Police rather than the local station as they will probably be dealing with the case.Deal with them directly and get the names of the officers involved locally too and your local police beat manager.

It does sometimes seem a slow process I know but do keep dialling 999 if you see this man and advise everyone to do the same (but discreetly or you could be in trouble for harrassment sadly :rolleyes: )

HTH :flowers:

By this point I would ring and insist on speaking to someone in authority. This is a child you are seeking to protect not a theft from your garage or something trivial & if the man is known to them I would have thought it should have been given higher priority. I appreciate you have rung the police - but have you spoken to a police officer? Ie there is a police call centre in our area. I'm not suggesting that they are not trained or following laid down procedures, and I believe there is always a senior officer in charge but the people actually answering the phones are not police officers and occasionally the odd call can be wrongly prioritised.

Edited by Ian

it has turned out that they are not going to do anything, as it is only the word of this 15 yr old???

What has to happen before they actually do something!!!

If it was my son, I am sorry but that man would be hospitalised on the first night... I can not believe they are doing nothing :unsure: :angry:

That's terrible that nothing is being done :angry: , to be honest I have lost nearly all faith in the police force the job's not what it used to be.

Many many years ago a friend of mine ( we were about 11 12 ) was groped by a man, the guy was caught and the local bobby when we were all standing out side the police box said to the girls dad '' ooo my radio is not working will you stay with him in the box while I stand outside and radio in'' :biggrin: , you have one guess what happened to the pervert.

I know they wouldn't get away with that now but sometimes it would be nice to bring back some old fashioned justice.

Terri

I'd not be very happy at all if it were my child and they weren't willing to even look into things :(

Do they have a decent MP they could approach?

There's also the Merseyside Police forum, which incorporates Wirral, if that's where they're based? :unsure: The next live chat for Wirral is this Friday, 18 May. Link. Might be worth them posting something on there?

Has his school head been informed? That would be a good idea too I think.

we had a group of girls push their way into a home to assault our daughter we rang the police but the call went though from nottingham to leeds call centre the lady did nothing and not even passed it on to police,

a few weeks later cat was put in hospital by these girls again the police did not even come . So we called the local councillor and the local m.p. things then moved and we had a change with the girls arrested and charged with both incidents.Basically the calls never got passed the call desk.Someone did not think it important enought.

Do what I suggested and contact your local Police Family Protection Unit,they are the ones who follow up cases involving children.I'm baffled as to why they're not following it up really as it's a decision made by the CPS as to whether to prosecute or not and that usually takes some time,and not a decision made by the police themselves.The CPS prosecute not the police which is contrary to what people often believe.

Failing that I'd get the family to contact your local social services office and make a complaint about the man and what happened via the safeguarding team.Infact I'd tell them to do this as well.

I'm sure social services will take action,I'd be very surprised if they didn't follow it up plus they can put some pressure on and/or find out if this man is known as an offender or has a history of accusations etc.

Apparently the police went to his house and asked him about it, and his answer was I dont remember getting into my car???

I am sorry but if your innocent you would surely be saying I did not do it. The police have said until they actually catch him with a child there is nothing they can do... :mad: Well the father of this child, said he is going to take the law in to his own hands, which I dont blame him.

Social services in my opinion do not give a toss, but that is only my opinion...

I have no faith what so ever in the police, social services, mp's....

If social services aren't told they can't do anything sadly.They do very much give a toss but are also under-resourced and hugely overworked.

I don't see how you can criticize agencies really.I've given you advice twice now on what action should be taken and it's being ignored yet you're slagging off agencies,not really fair is it?

If social services aren't told they can't do anything sadly.They do very much give a toss but are also under-resourced and hugely overworked.

I don't see how you can criticize agencies really.I've given you advice twice now on what action should be taken and it's being ignored yet you're slagging off agencies,not really fair is it?

I have passed on the information, that I have received to the family involved, so I do take notice, and as for the "slagging" off, that is my opinion, I do have an opinion, and don't see why I can not Voice it.