UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Read Please!

Allie No Dots

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrriiiighty then. Its safe to say Piper-Poo-Bags is feeling MUCH better. She jumped the stairgate twice :huh: Managed to get outside to play with the pups. Shes thrown a mega strop at being crated and been throwing her bedding around in disgust. Shes perfectly happy with her ham wrapped pills. She has then before food so she eats them only then looks at her food in disgust...cos its not ham :laugh: Still has whatever is wrong with her but my babys back :wub:

Edited by A.L.L.I.E.

My dog is Odd (with a capital O) :wacko:

PPB went back to vets today for a checkup. Physically shes doing very well, no sign of further bleeds and the vets happy so im happy. :) Saw a different vet to the one who did the op. He is fairly new but growing on me. He saw the pups too and likes em so he clearly has good taste...anyhow...

He gave a bit more info on what happened on friday and why the vets where so thrown. It turns out that the bleeds where happening from the smaller capilleries and not the bigger veins :unsure: While its good the bigger ones didnt have issues as theres more smaller ones they can lose just as much blood. The vets dont get how some clot and some dont and think PPB is bizarre (i could have told them that!lol)

They sent off tests to check her clotting times as well as a test for VWD and the results for clotting are back already. The results say her clotting times are normal. So I said "oh good, tht means its not VWD doesnt it" And he said" No" :wacko: I dont get that at all but he started going on about how clotting is a major study on its own and all these branches of something or other and then got all technical at which point i admit to zoning out :mellow: He says he thinks its more likely she doesnt have VWD but to wait and see when the results are in. So in theory we are no further forward but at least i havent missed something over the last few days (as my head was telling me, PPB and OH are fed up with me checking PPB gums and screaming for OH to rush us to the vets :rolleyes: )

So now we wait a bit longer but a lil less stressed :)