UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Troy - Our Hero

Deanne1407

Guys,

just thought I would share Ben's news with you all, as your good wishes have meant so much to him. :GroupHug:

Shauna Lowry, the president of the USPCA has decided to give Troy a bravery award, postumously, for saving Ben's life last November and will be officially presenting it to Ben later this month, so it will probably be covered by the media. :closedeyes:

I know that some of you might see this as more bad publicity for Pit Bulls but that is not the way that it is meant; the way that we are looking at it is that no matter what breed our attacker was, Troy still saved Ben's life, and that is what we are focusing on.

We are hoping that this might help Ben with his nightmares, by putting a more positive spin on the sad outcome of that day's walk.

I will try to avoid being drawn on the subject of Pit Bulls as I want this to be Troy & Ben's day, and not just another soapbox for someone else to stand on.

Ben has asked me to pass on his thanks for all of your messages in the "Rainbow Bridge" & elsewhere. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry about how anyone else might or might not see it :flowers: It's an award for an incredible act of love, loyalty and bravery by Troy which obviously would best have never needed to happen :GroupHug: Love and best wishes to all of you - I hope the award helps Ben on his road to recovery :GroupHug:

I know that some of you might see this as more bad publicity for Pit Bulls but that is not the way that it is meant; the way that we are looking at it is that no matter what breed our attacker was, Troy still saved Ben's life, and that is what we are focusing on.

We are hoping that this might help Ben with his nightmares, by putting a more positive spin on the sad outcome of that day's walk.

I for one think it's a lovely gesture. Adapting very slight something an unknown authour said ""He was your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You were his life, his love, his leader. He was yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

and a :GroupHug: for poor Ben :GroupHug: Enjoy the day and your happier memories of Troy

I for one think it's a lovely gesture. Adapting very slight something an unknown authour said ""He was your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You were his life, his love, his leader. He was yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

and a :GroupHug: for poor Ben :GroupHug: Enjoy the day and your happier memories of Troy

I can't put it any better than Ian, :GroupHug:

Troy gave his life because he loved Ben, how many humans will love unconditionally like Troy did. We can all learn from him. :flowers:

Troy made the ultimate sacrifice for those he loved. I hope you enjoy the day as best you can, and that you and Ben find some peace soon. :flowers:

Exactly what I want to say but I am cack with words.

Troy sounds like he was one in a million :GroupHug: .

Terri