UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Shot By Farmer

Rudi

Im always worried about anything being shot if the shot isnt precise and a "quick kill" :mellow:

We had a foster boy returned to us because he was blamed for worrying sheep and the farmer had threatened to shoot on sight. The owners living depended on her being near these sheep but the dog had never seemed to be a worry. He came back to us for a month (was great to see him again) and in that time several sheep were killed - the culprit caught and all returned to normal afterwards.

Sheep cost a lot of money and hard work, I cant blame the farmer for shooting to protect his flock.

I live in a very rural area and I think it's the farmers right to shoot any dog he see's on his land, all my dogs would kill a sheep if they got the chance...so I make damn sure they don't get the chance!!!

We recently had 8 sheep killed on a local farm, 2 dogs were seen doing it..the farmer didn't get there in time to shoot them but they are very distinctive dogs and it was known where they lived. The owner, refused to acknowledge that her dogs had killed (even though they had blood on their faces!) and the police said they could/would do nothing...this poor man had lost alot of money (and he was very upset because he is a good man who respects his animals) and there was nothing he could do. Those dogs are now living on borrowed time...they will be shot by any farmer who sees them anywhere near their land. The stupid c*w that owns them is unrepentant and doesn't see what she's done wrong...needless to say living on a very small island she is finding life hard right now.

I now find myself having to warn people out walking this breed of dog to make sure their dogs are kept on lead at all times or they will be shot because the farmers won't stop to ask ...and I don't blame them, one person's irresponsibility is affecting alot of others.

well now, i think it's a very sad story and one that could have been so easily avioded.

there is no doubt in my mind that the owner is wrong...........

he was warned.............

he kept his lab on a lead, but liked to let his husky run free?

however, in saying that, i do feel the farmer could have maimed the dog or fired a warning shot above it rather than kill it dead.

animals need us to protect them, the farmer was protecting his livestock, the owner failed to protect his dog.

a very sad story. :crying_anim: :crying_anim: :crying_anim: :crying_anim: :crying_anim:

well now, i think it's a very sad story and one that could have been so easily avioded.

there is no doubt in my mind that the owner is wrong...........

he was warned.............

he kept his lab on a lead, but liked to let his husky run free?

however, in saying that, i do feel the farmer could have maimed the dog or fired a warning shot above it rather than kill it dead.

animals need us to protect them, the farmer was protecting his livestock, the owner failed to protect his dog.

a very sad story. :crying_anim: :crying_anim: :crying_anim: :crying_anim: :crying_anim:

I agree, Poor dog, so sad.

My grandfather was a farmer, and my first paid job (I was about 8 and earned half a crown a month which really shows my age :unsure: ) was to walk over the fields every morning before school checking the fences and counting the sheep - with a collie or two tagging along, of course.

Unfortunately one morning I came across the after-effects of a dog attack - two ewes and several lambs dead. It was dreadful and haunted me for years. :mecry: I hate to think of a dog being shot, but anyone who allows their dog to worry sheep is causing huge suffering to the sheep as well as risking the life of their dog.