UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Greenbank - Self Catering Cottages In Lake District

k9knitters

I can't believe that Greenbank hasn't been mentioned yet in this topic! They offer three holiday cottages - ranging from a small studio for two, up to a big cottage sleeping 6.

Dogs are genuinely welcomed - the owners, John and Jackie have 5 of their own, including some troublesome rescue hounds. Doggie towels are provided, as are 'on holiday' dog tags. Each cottage has their own enclosed garden, and you have access to a woodland (again, fully fenced) to exercise dogs off lead.

The cottage is located in between Bowness/Windermere and Kendal. A dog-friendly pub (which also serves food) is within walking distance.

All in all, a fabulous spot!

Cheers, Carrie

We went to Greenbank view the year before last and it is fantastic. Each property has its own garden and there is a safe walk in the private woods too. Greenbank view is extremely comfortable and spacious. John & Jackie have thought of everything for humans and dogs. You also get use of the pool and jacuzzi at a local hotel. Very highly recommended, we hope to go there again next year if we can afford it.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it was mentioned somewhere - I have certainly mentioned it a few times, but maybe not in this thread. Yes, it is fantastic - the most doggie friendly of all places we've ever been that were doggie friendly. Great. Keep meaning to go back but not got round to it yet! Thanks for the reminder, I might just book a week end of the year...

Looks really good :flowers: I'd love to go somewhere like that, where they actually want you to bring dogs rather than just tolerating them. I'm always a bit wary of taking my lot place like this though as Connie being dog agressive might ruin it for other people, though she's always muzzled etc I always feel a bit... y'know? :biggrin: :biggrin:

It looks fabulous :biggrin:

Just checked availability and there is one week left in early May and then nothing until first week in December :ohmy:

Yerse, they are a bit popular! I noticed a news snippet on Dog People that there was a 'cancellation' opportunity for that week in May - suspect it won't be around for long :laugh:

Cheers, Carrie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have it on good authority(*) that the week of the 6th October in Greenbank View (their two bedroom apartment) is just about to come available.....so get in quick people, if you want to book!

(*) sadly I've had to cancel the week we had booked....but have managed to get in later in the year instead :biggrin:

Cheers, Carrie

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...