UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Programme On Dangerous Dogs

bonniebird

Friday night at 8pm on ITV 1, there is a prog about dangerous dogs :( From the trailor they showed, it looks horrible :( Staffies and bullbreeds looking really ferocious. A woman showing a very bad bite on her arm and dogs on those long pole/noose leads. I hope its not going to be totally anti dog :(

Karen x

they were filming for it at court and have visited some of the owners of the dogs now repreived and also spoken to important people in the dog defence field so im hoping it will be fair

That sounds a bit more promising than it looked. I hope it will be fair :flowers:

well I was very relieved to see that rotts weren't pictured or mentioned for a change. No matter what breed of dog has attacked anyone there always seems to be a pic of a snarling rott attached! I really feel for the people who had their dogs taken away unfairly . Its the yobos who train and encourage their dogs to be aggressive that they need to focus their attention on. :angry:

i thought on the whole it was fair there were innaccuracies in figures and of two people they showed who had been attacked neither incident involved an illegal dog the two dogs that bit the woman were said by the program to be bull terrier types they were in fact bullmastiffs i know this has no bearing on the fact that indeed any breed can bite but as this programme seemed mainly based around illegal dogs i felt saying bull terrier type was a little sensationalist

Edited by M.E.L.F.

I dont think it was a let down, I thought it got the message across that the law as it stands is flawed.

Plenty of coverage of (so called dangerous dogs) in a happy home environment being well behaved and being the loving and happy dogs we know they are.

Thought it brought across the stigma of certain dogs being of "the type"

Overall I thought it was a well balanced view.

:)