UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Night At The Races - Comic Relief

Brindlebabe

Standard reply:-

Many organisations donate valuable gifts to Comic Relief which we try to use in the most appropriate way possible to raise funds. One such organisation is the British Greyhound Racing Board who donated this prize to us.

Please do be assured that we take every complaint from the public seriously, logging them all to be analysed after the campaign. Many thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Comic Relief

Not good enough is it?

:angry:

Brindlebabe, do what I do when I get that load of flannel and reply to their reply stating that it is not good enough and won't wash until you get a proper answer.

I have complained also and is the one below.

"Just wanting to register my extreme displeasure about the ebay article for a night at the dogs auction. I realise that comic relief wants to maximise the amount of money raised, however if you want to involve dogs why not invite some dog rescue organisations into the studios and arrange something that will somehow help them and yourselves together.

I am sure you are currently unaware of the extreme cruelty and abuse suffered by racing dogs in this industry and would not have linked yourself to this had you been aware of all the facts. Having said that I do indeed hope you take a closer look at the darker side of dog racing and maybe offer some comic relief support to all those that suffer."

Happy Comic Relief day :biggrin:

I think the many charities and organisations the funds from this day go to help are very worthy.

And though this is a "prize" I very much disagree with, I will still offer my support to the day and its efforts. All we can hope for is that next year they will see ther err or of their ways and will act differently.

doesn't surprise me in the slightest.....Comic Relief and Children in Need long distanced themselves from any of my money....

x x

Ever since I learned that a playgroup in our fairly affluent village (Scotland) had applied for, and received, funds from Children in Need, I have been sceptical about this kind of fund-raising. The parents involved in that playgroup could easily have provided the extra resources themselves. That isn't my idea of a child in real need. I suspect that the Comic Relief idea is similar. I am uncomfortable about the whole idea of the rich and famous asking the rest of us to donate to causes we don't really know anything about (apart from what the TV producers choose to let us see). I have an old neighbour who feels depressed every year at the pittance she can afford to give - while her "heroes", the eejits who present the programmes, steal the limelight. It's very good PR for them, that's for sure.

In general, I don't see why we need charities to support essential welfare services. We should be lobbying the government (of whatever shade) to carry out its duties properly - in the meantime, we should check exactly where the money goes, and how it's raised.

It is appalling that the greyhound industry is being allowed to show itself in a good light. I'll be writing too.

Liz.

There is the possibility of dropping some letters to Lenny Henry in person tomorrow. Would anyone like to write a polite letter to him that can be printed out and taken to him?

what time would you need them by ?

I am not great at letter writing but would give it a go, I am sure Comic Relief would not want to use a industry that needs its own charitys to deal with its own problems