UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Colitis And Eating Grass

zico's mum

Zico suffered badly from colitis so I am familiar with it but Daisy has recently started to eat a lot of grass and has had what look suspiciously like colitis stools following.The first time it happened I wasn't too bothered as she's a dreadful scavenger and I thought maybe the symptoms were because she eaten something rotten but it's happened again.Has anyone else with dogs with colitis noticed them eating large amounts of grass? It is a lot not just the usual nibble and passes through her quite quickly.

:( That's what she did,woke me early in the morning,I thought she was desperate so took her out but all she wanted to do was eat plenty of grass.Can't believe I'm going to go through this again - and her scavenging isn't going to help at all.Zico never did it which is why I wasn't sure if there was a relationship with colitis.

The grass has started growing in the last couple of weeks and my dogs have been grazing around the garden and out on walks without ill effect. If it's just in the last couple of weeks that Daisy has taken a liking to the grass, it might just be a coincidence.

Sorry edited to get the name right!

Edited by Karen