UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Allow Me To Introduce Our New Foster - Jasmine

doggielover

Denese, I don't do failing! :rolleyes: All old codgers are here for as long as it takes... in Jasmine's case it's going to be some time before she's on her feet and ready to go anywhere bless her!

Her skin is very hot, itchy and leathery and wrinkled up like a Shar Pei's it's a going to be a long road to recovery for her. She has so many meds/shampoos and food supplements to deal with that I've had to draw up a timetable to put on the fridge so I know what is due when! :wacko: I am looking forward to the day when her coat doesn't feel like a wire brush.

Here she is settling in last night

Jasmine001.jpg

& tired after her bath

Jasmine002.jpg

Jasmine is feeling much brighter today, her skin is less red and more flexible and although still on the warm side you can't feel the heat coming off her 3-4 inches from her body!

Whether it's one thing or several of the things we are doing for her, who knows but something is definitely working! :biggrin:

Di x

Awwww bless her :wub: She's definitely in good hands with you :flowers:

Myself and Mr OLG discussed taking in this little girl to try and help out, but we have no experience of dealing with any type of skin problems yet alone what Jasmine is suffering from, it sounds a very complicated procedure to treat :( plus we only have a teeny weeny (enough for 1 person) bathroom and we figured that she would need regular bathing etc :unsure:

So glad that you are helping Jasmine though - thank you again :flowers:

Can't wait to see the *after* piccies :biggrin:

A quick update for you. Jasmine is definitely feeling alot brighter and braver. She's started coming upstairs to find me when I go to get dressed in the mornings and even jumped on the bed for a cuddle this morning.

Jester (looney lurcher lad) normally likes to get the new dog to play but he sensed how poorly Jas felt and left her alone. The last couple of days he's been pouncing on her, so a good sign!

Her skin is much softer as is her coat. She loves tea which is useful for getting a little extra fluid into her and is partial to the odd apple too! :rolleyes:

I'd post some pics but she doesn't look an awful lot different, and soft and squidgy doesn't really show up online!

Di x