UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Happy Birthday Logan!

Katie

Today is a big day for my Logan who reaches 4 years old! Is amazing just how quickly time passes. Logan was born in Ireland, rescued with the help of Theresa, then found himself in Wales looking for a home to call his own.

I will never forget that fateful day when I saw his pic on DP - I was instantly smitten with 'Wolverine' as he was then and he arrived here with me aged 8/9 weeks.

Logan brought a great deal of 'fun' into our lives to say the least! Always a very naughty pup with a cheeky personality! He is not better know as 'The Loon' for nothing!

His younger days were traumatic to say the least - he was very, very ill at around 5 months old with his weight plummeting to just 10kg, was unable to digest his food properly and I came very close to losing him. Poor lad had to undergo test after test until finally being diagnosed with lower bowel disease and acute colitis. He spent moths having to go backwards and forwards to the vet which he hated and which made him even more ill as he was always so dreadfully car sick. He spent nearly 3 months being able to eat nothing but home cooked fish and potato and it was a huge battle to get him right.

Now at 4 years old he is a fit and healthy lad with heaps of energy and is loved by all who meet him due to his 'quirky' personality!

His birthday is an excellent excuse to post some pics of my lad through the ages!

wolverine.jpg

Who could resist this face!

logan1@12wk.jpg

Looking angelic aged 12 weeks.

loganbed.jpg

Trying to grow into his ears!

4.9017.jpg

Starting to grow up...

ff6ba9dd13f393d5ff93c8b8b6976829.jpg

A rare moment of peace!

fe251b80540937dc239f1af29b727ad7.JPG

A year old and still all legs!

d70fef4e06036fad3ff5b4d6e972f801.JPG

Sking!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN!!

I may well push him in it this summer

Feel free - is no less than the monster deserves!

Actually I am not really being fair to him as he is a smashing dog - he has helped me cope with the sad loss of both Katie then Oscar and not a day passes when his antics do not make me smile. He has always been great with foster girlies as well - he worked so very hard to turn poor bewlidered and scared Anya, who was totally confused after finding herself dumped in the pound, from a quivering wreck hiding behind a chair to a happy confident girl who discovered how to enjoy life! Logan was tireless in his efforts to teach her that games were fun and toys were for playing with!

He is also being a good boy now and helping new girl Heidi to overcome her problems with other dogs - he is quite a star really!