UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Grey Hound Rescue In Solihull Being Closed By The Council

simikins

I just saw on my local news that "Daybreak" greyhound rescue is being closed by the council, i'm really confused because i live in Solihull, i have never heard of this place, can't find them in yellow pages or google, and being local i would like to help them if i can, does anyone on here know of this place.

You can find their press release here

If you want to view the application on Solihull's website then you'll need to copy and paste the link at the bottom of the press release as the link has split.

This is the paragraph that really stinks:

In what appears to be a fête accompli Solihull Council have already published on their website their refusal of an application for a Certificate of Lawful Use by owner Bob Shannon in advance of the scheduled hearing on Wednesday 21 February when the Planning Committee is supposed to meet and decide the issue.

Edited by Nettie

Oh No! Not another rescue having trouble with a council. What is it with these guys!!!! Rescuers are giving up everything to help animals into the right home and seldom cause much bother to their neighbours and yet councils seem to be doing their level best to stop them by using red tape. Words fail me.

Diane

I've just been to the council website via the link and can't find the decsion and the decision date is blank. Does the link take you to the right part of the website? Or have the council realised they shouldn't have posted the decision yet and removed it?