UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Toy Ideaas

JoC

I need to find some toys that replace what Annie likes about norty things.

Firstly, she loves playing with shoes (the farmers wife gave her farmers old shoes to play with so this is gonna be quite tough to get her out of) I think she likes the weight of them, and she likes to shake them and wrestle them. She has a big fluffy frog that's bigger than her, and she likes to wrestle that to the ground but can't reallly shake it because it's too big. So, I need something big, heavy and shakable.

She also likes to chew wires, I think it's because they are small enough for her to lie down and chew (she likes puppy nylabones but they are too big for her to comfortably chew) I cut up some tea towels, tied them in knots and then dunked them in water and froze them and she does quite like to chew that, but it's not as easy to chew as a cable.

So, I need something big and shaky, and small and chewy. Any ideas?

*snoooooooooooooooooort* about the wires :biggrin: Jack luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurved wires :laugh: twas a blinking NIGHTMARE trying to hide them all :biglaugh:

No ideas but had to come n laff cause I've been there and I know how much of a nightmare it is! All these luverly toys around but no, your one pair of comfy flip-flops or the wire to the internet is SO much tastier :laugh:

Ahem ... so yep ... good luck! :GroupHug: :GroupHug: n if you need to go argh PM me! :GroupHug:

We found some spray-on stuff that actually worked to stop Kai chewing cables and chair legs. It was Pet Behave Training Spray I think we bought it on line, but can't remember where. And lots of rope tuggies which he loved to shred into separate threads kept him amused for ages :laugh:

Shoelaces :unsure:

If you tied shoe laces around another toy she could chew on them without actually knowing that they belong to shoes and so not encourage the shoe chewing thing?

The kong company do some fab squeeky toys sahped like birds mainly. They have a squeeky tennis ball inside with a long rope tail, they are small enough to grab and run round with but heavy enough for a satisfying shake, plus they squeek and as an added bonus come wth extra squeekers for when they bust them.

They are without doubt the best loved toys in our house and have so far survived since xmas the daily tug of war between 2 full grown GSDs.

Cant recomend a kong high enough!!

Dont forget to stuff them to make them completely irresistable. Who wants croggy shoes and tasteless wires when you can have tasty yummy chewable stuffed kong.

Fill them and freeze them - good for teething blighters :biggrin:

Buster cube? I have a dinky one for Ed, and he loves it (even if it did end up hole down in his water bowl yesterday and is now full of water :rolleyes: )

Failing that, Ed isn't a great one for toys, but he has the most horrid hedgehog ever, and he thinks it's wonderful. OMG just found one on the net

PAAAAAIMKKEDLJAP.jpg

I am NOT having that hedgehog in my house, it would kill me while I slept.

She has a kong and does like it but she needs different toys to satisfy her shake and kill and her chewing needs :)

Going to try her with a couple of toys from my stock which I think she'll like, will keep you posted....

x

Kong on a rope - Banya loves to shake this and adores hitting herself with it when she throws it from side to side -maybe they are from the same mould :biggrin:

Also a tuggie/raggie - can be chewed and is nice with a big knot in the middle. Very good for shaking and killing.

Probably best to observe her with both as usual with toys rather than chews...

Lindsay

x

Edited by Lindsay