UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Skellie Just Had A Fit

Queenfish

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoken to emergency vet, he thinks she has had another stroke and that she may be restless because she is going to have another vet. Have friend coming to get me and we are going to vets - I will take his advice on what to do, I can't leave her like this.

Thank you all for thoughts and advice.

That sounds like a big call to me without even having seen her! Whilst in common with the advice you've already had I think speaking to a vet is the best thing you can do I just wanted to say that whilst admitedly she#d never had a stroke Sheba, my childhood pal had occasional fits when I was young & gradually seemed to grow out of it as she got older. They didnt look nice at the time but never did her any damage, she lived to be 15 years old before her back legs went and she certainly didnt ever turn on us during a fit.

Do speak to your husband and if possible a vet who knows her well before thinking of letting her go on the basis of a telephone diagnosis.

Best of luck!

Skellie has gone to the bridge.

When I took her into the vets and put her on the table, she sort of flopped in relief, sighed and looked at me and I knew she'd had enough and it was time for me to let her go. I stayed with her until she'd gone. I'm heartbroken, but I couldn't force her to stay with us.

I'll do a proper tribute to her tomorrow when I am better able to but for now, run free Skellie and know how much we all loved you.

Skellie has gone to the bridge.

When I took her into the vets and put her on the table, she sort of flopped in relief, sighed and looked at me and I knew she'd had enough and it was time for me to let her go. I stayed with her until she'd gone. I'm heartbroken, but I couldn't force her to stay with us.

I'll do a proper tribute to her tomorrow when I am better able to but for now, run free Skellie and know how much we all loved you.

So sorry - I lost my own dear friend Jo at the end of November so I can imagine how you feel right now - I downed a bottle & three quarters of wine that night just so that I could sleep after very little sleep during my last night with Jo.

You might also - when you've had the chance to gather yourself - want to have a look at http://www.bluecross.org.uk/web/site/home/home.asp and / or http://www.dogdied.co.uk - where you can post a picture and any memories you wish of Skellie for the next year rather than see your post lost in the mass of the forums.

Skellie is at least at peace now and I'm sure will always retain a special place in your heart and memories. Take care Ian