UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lily Vanished Today

EAD

Today on our usual walk (offlead at beach, sand dunes and river) I stopped for no longer than 1 minute to speak to another dog walker we regularly see.......to turn round and find Lily had VANISHED :ohmy:

Ran frantically looking for her for nearly 1.5 hours, in between phoning the police and local radio station and asking every person I came upon had they saw a westie with a pink collar.

Two other dog walkers very kindly helped me look and my friend left work early to search too.

She was eventually found up at the main road by a lady I had met on the beach. She had stopped her car and was trying to coax Lily over to her. When I arrived all I could see was Lily lying on the pavement and I thought she had been hit by a car. She was just so scared and was literally crawling on her belly.

I could do nothing but cry when I had her in my arms again......she was very scared and tired though after having share of mums chinese chips she is lying sound asleep oblivious to all the fuss and worry she caused.

This is so out of character and Lily is always the one who sticks close to me but I am now aware not to take them for granted.

So glad she is home safe again with me :wub: :wub:

So relieved for you both :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I lost Ted. once in the park for about 10 minutes (he was in a bush :rolleyes: ) and I was a complete and utter wreck. I had all those horrible scenarios going through my head and felt so alone. Can't imagine what that hour and a half must have been like for you, and then to see her on the pavement... :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

That must have been one tight hug when you were reunited :GroupHug: