UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Pedigree People.

JACKYSIAN

Both of mine are pedigrees, though neither were really my choice.

OB, well OH wanted a ridgeback, I dont think he'd really researched what they were like though, as they tend to be a 1 person dog, and to his disgust that prson is me :rolleyes: Ive always loved large dogs though, the first dog of my own was an english pointer x BC so OB fitted right in, and I love him to bits, as he does me. :laugh:

Kenza sort of happened, we didnt go looking for a rottie, we were contemplating doglet no2 when we were steamrollered by Cher, and, as they say, the rest is history. OH is totally head over heels with Kenza, and shes filled the space OB doesn't for him. At first I'd have traded the gobby, opinionated, stroppy, stubborn bitch right back in :laugh: I love her funny ways now, shes a clown, a teddy bear and a great sloppy kisser.

I'd be perfectly happy with a junk yard dog, as long as they were big, tough, and loyally loving. For me its not the breed, its the dog itself :wub:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Rottie, She is quite clever even though she does act a daft arse most the time. :laugh:

She loves her kisses and cuddles oh and baths too.

I couldnt imagine my family without her, she is just so fab!!

Despite the comments you get in the media, Rotties are so laid back and very loving too :wub: :wub:

They do not have a bad bone in their body, it's how you bring them up... :wub:

My favourite breed is a lab. As a child we had, first a golden lab x, then a pedigree golden lab, then a black lab x. All were brilliant dogs. To me labs are the most loyal and faithfull dogs (obbviously overlooking the bin raiding which goes on every day!)

I have an golden lab now who found me and I love him. Dont know why but I love Rotties, and one day I will have one. My ideal one is a long-haired/flully one with a tail. One day he/she will arrive, plus a lab as well :)

Bit of a long reason but here goes!

We were driving along a bypass at a fair speed when we spotted 2 springers on the grass verge on the other side of the road, they looked panicked so I looked back when we passed to see them run across the road and one of them got too close the car behind us and was thrown into the air. :(

OH and the car behind us pulled over and we ran to the dogs that had run into the bushes on our side. They both stank and looked like they'd been living in a swamp! The female was in shock (the one that was thrown) so we asked the other guy to follow us with her to the nearest vet whilst we took the male in our car.

I remember he was the nicest little dog I've met in a long time, it was like he was really grateful for being saved and knew everything would be ok!

The end result? The female was ok just in shock and a little bruised, she wasn't chipped but the male was and they were lucky enough to be reunited with their owners who lost them after their gate was opened in the garden and they were frantically looking for them.

From then on I knew I wanted a springer (seems odd when I think about it now!)

I ended up with the love of my life who must be my soul dog as we share a birthday :wub:

364678875_0cca672ceb_m.jpg

My flickr

Bit of a long reason but here goes!

We were driving along a bypass at a fair speed when we spotted 2 springers on the grass verge on the other side of the road, they looked panicked so I looked back when we passed to see them run across the road and one of them got too close the car behind us and was thrown into the air. :(

OH and the car behind us pulled over and we ran to the dogs that had run into the bushes on our side. They both stank and looked like they'd been living in a swamp! The female was in shock (the one that was thrown) so we asked the other guy to follow us with her to the nearest vet whilst we took the male in our car.

I remember he was the nicest little dog I've met in a long time, it was like he was really grateful for being saved and knew everything would be ok!

The end result? The female was ok just in shock and a little bruised, she wasn't chipped but the male was and they were lucky enough to be reunited with their owners who lost them after their gate was opened in the garden and they were frantically looking for them.

From then on I knew I wanted a springer (seems odd when I think about it now!)

I ended up with the love of my life who must be my soul dog as we share a birthday :wub:

364678875_0cca672ceb_m.jpg

My flickr

Aww he is a little cutie :wub: :wub: , I bet he is full of beans too :laugh:

the collie working /border/welsh

there get love for people the working side of them

great freinds lovely with kids and people

and most dogs lol

i love that they need a jod and want to please

Img0004.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

always the puppy

eeee.jpg

and they do get sleepy from time to time

IMG_5317.jpg

it all they do, i just love the collie

Though theres 6 cross breeds in the house if I could chose just one it would have to be a spinone. Our old boy Beazley was just the best dog in the world. Run free babes.

OK if I could chose two, I want another toy poodle. Little apicot one preferably. RIP Dinky. Gone but never forgotten :(

Pulis and shelties :wub:

Pulis for their intelligence, language skills, and sense of responsibility and the fact that they don't look up to you. If they treat you as an equal it's an honour. It's not easy living with something with the temperament of a Klingon warrior and the appearance of a floor mop who thinks you are only there to do the driving, but it's worth it to have a dog who will constantly watch out for you and back you up in everything you do.

Shelties for their sensitivity and their wicked sense of humour :biggrin:

I also like buhunds very much but have never had one.

So my fave purebreds are tough, smart working breeds small enough to tuck under my arm. But having said that, I could happily live with a Brittany, a viszla or possibly the right lab.