UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Vets' Fees

Katiebob

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why remove a post that is chatty and friendly? This is a chat forum is it not? Can we not sway slightly from the subject from time to time?

This feels like it is becoming over moderated and I for one feel like each post is becoming scrutinised and picked apart by people wielding an over active moderating hand.

Frankly unpopular as this may be I don't like how this is becoming now.Treat me like the 42 year old I am please.

Why remove a post that is chatty and friendly? This is a chat forum is it not? Can we not sway slightly from the subject from time to time?

This feels like it is becoming over moderated and I for one feel like each post is becoming scrutinised and picked apart by people wielding an over active moderating hand.

Frankly unpopular as this may be I don't like how this is becoming now.Treat me like the 42 year old I am please.

your post was moderated as it had no relevance to the topic.

I understand you are fustrated with the NHS etc, my sister is a ward nurse, but your moderated post had no relation to the topic.

if you want to start a topic about the state of the NHS feel free to do so

Our vet increased his consultation fees well in advance of the prescription charges being dropped to cover his potential losses.

There is nothing we can do I don't think, they are in business at the end of the day and the money is there in most cases either by insurance or by desperation.

Can we go to RSPCA clinics and pay or is it just for people on benefits? We might be better doing that and see what the charges are like :unsure:

Don't forget though, a GP charges about £20-25 for signing forms. My dad suffered from liver damaged a few years ago and whilst waiting for a transplant he had to get a form signed on a monthly basis to get certain benefits, the gp charged him £25 to sign it every month! He also charges £40 to fill out a passport form!

I think at the end of the day, there is money to be made for absolutely everything. Mind you when you find out that vet practices are taxed if they provide us with tea making facilities you have to wonder what kind of world we live in!

I was replying to the comment made in this post :wacko: :huh: Why hasn't this been moderated out then? It's also off topic?

But the way i see it is that they are one and the same, the only difference is that a vet is a gp that treats animals and vice versa. Costs and outgoings are calculated in the same way. Thus anything to do with the cost of vets should be compared to the human equivilent to see if they are over pricing or not.

I thought this was a discussion forum, what is so wrong with having a discussion about 2 things that are interconnected?