UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Well the gag i have only has one hole beneath the snaffle, which is what he was on - ive tried riding him on the snaffle ring but I get even less response that I do in his loose ring snaffle. I might have to get a 3 ring gag and do like you say gooster, put one rein on the very bottom just in case and then leave one on the snaffle ring.

There is a possibility we *might* be going jumping again in a couple of weeks with a friend so I think i'll give him another chance and try and be better myself and focus on him rather than where im supposed to be going :laugh:

Interestingly on my sponsored ride he wasnt nearly as bad, infact I was quite surprised that he was doing a lovely collected SJ canter into the jumps. It wasnt until we got about 3/4 of the way round that he started tanking. Maybe it was just excitement, all those exciting jumpies in the same place? :laugh:

I think you both did great, its not an easy field to ride for the showjumping with the hill and there was plenty for him to look at but he doesn't look phased at all :flowers:

Can't see from the video whether you jump him in a martingale or if he is bringing his head up but if you don't and he is that might be an option - if that makes sense :wacko:

EAD look forward to hearing about Magic :biggrin: Hope Trooper is on the mend soon :flowers:

Glad the field is settling down Gooster and you can now enjoy the benefits of summer grazing :biggrin:

I had a interesting lesson on Saturday, didn't really do much other than swap saddles around, my instructor brought along her Isabell Werth dressage saddle and I could not believe the difference in my position when riding in it :ohmy: Sadly she made me give it back :mecry: and then ride in my saddle again, I was wobbling all over the place :laugh: Of course now I want one like yesterday there is nothing on Ebay :rolleyes: Trying to exercise patience but its not my strong poing :D

No I dont have a martingale but that did go through my mind yesterday too! It may be a help. If I do get one, I dont think I can put the martingale on with one set of reins if i put them on the bottom hole of the gag, i think they have to go on the snaffle rein. Hmm maybe i'll have to have a go at double reins :wacko: eeeeeek.

Clare I will definately give your number to my friend when I see her. Patience is a virtue :laugh: (Im just as bad...)

I think I have a martingale. When I bought my bridle from eBay the seller sent me something else too. I think it's a martingale, not sure what type though. You are more than welcome to try that if you can't get one from anywhere else.

Lovely pictures :wub:

Got a piccy of Blue and his best mate today

9a8a45c1.jpg

Was also speaking to one of the women at the farm tonight, she's just started back doing endurance with her welsh D, she did her first ride yesterday and had a lovely time. She put him back out in the field when they got home and he started chasing the mares. He slipped and fell over, when he got up he was a bit lame, then he galloped off again and has now either torn his suspensory ligament or a tendon. His owner is devastated, as he is in his 20s now, and her insurance might not cover it.

Wow there are loads of nice photos there to choose from CP :biggrin:

Lovely pic of Blue and his mate, Loki would be very very jelous of the amount of grass they have :laugh: We have soil and the occasional blade sticking through.

We are very lucky for grazing. We have the choice of a 9 acre very lush field that stays lush all summer as it has a spring running through it, or 20 acres of fields that are opened once at a time as the grass doesn't tend to grow as quickly. So far 2 fields have been opened of the 20 acres, with another few to be opened once they have cut it etc.

How handsome :wub: Stunning boy.

Well I schooled Milo this evening, back in his snaffle, and he was as good as gold :laugh: This week im really going to work on his responsiveness - in walk all I have to do to get him to halt is close my fingers around the reins, as it should be. If I try doing that in trot nothing happens so really going to work on getting him responding which should hopefully help with better control. Im also going to bombard with with trotting poles when I school and lunge him so hes not so excited by the prospect!

Have ordered my piccies from the weekend, went for the two I posted here, cant wait to get them :wub:

Clare your OH must be a real sweetheart :wub:

CP piccies look great :thumbsup_still:

Blue and his friend look very content :wub:

Bradley & Kiki :wub:

Todays lesson on Magic was brilliant, he is a very responsive little guy (think only about 14.2 so tiny compared to Boysie & Trooper) but feels like a rocket. Cantering figures of 8, then jumping up onto the mound starting in trot then canter. On him again on Friday, cant bloomin wait :jumpy: