UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Blimey I wonder what bit him sounds really scary lucky it didnt get you.....

Im trying to see if the company will pay for my courses (see previous post) we have a Personal Development Fund of 1000.00 per year (before they take it off us) they are going to see if it fits the criteria fingers crossed...

Been to see him this morning and his whole back leg on the side he got bitten is wobbling, his bum muscle is twitching like mad...any ideas?!

Going to run down to the tack shop and see if I can get some bute and hose him down again..maybe i'll have to keep him in again tonight? I'll phone the vet later again and see what he says :mecry:

No idea whats bitten him - I think its probably something like a horsefly or a hornet and he's had a big reaction to it...could be anything though I guess!!

Sounds really strange :unsure: I think I would be tempted to get the vet, but then again I tend to over react and get the vet sooner than most :rolleyes: I just think the cost of the callout is worth my not stressing so much! It does sound like he has had a strong reaction to something poor boy :GroupHug:

If you get stuck I have tons of bute :)

Is this real bute or the other stuff, only asking as over here bute has to be prescibed by the vets and its the only place you can get it. It means when theres a problem you have to have a vet visit each time and at about £50 call out its a lot. We can get no bute etc from tack shops but not the real thing.

Hope Eals ok :GroupHug:

Hi all,

When I went back to Earl he was no longer wobbling - no idea what that was about. Just to be on the safe side gave him my last remaining bute and hosed the bite again. Kept an eye on him all day yesterday and during the evening, trotted him up a few times and isn't lame and is back to his normal self, eating everything in sight!

My sister can ride so we took him out for a nice slow hack this morning, I went on the yard owners pony, Pippa.

hack.jpg

Poor earl! Hoping his bum is feeling better soon!

Lovely pics of everyone - I got some pics of me and blue at the dressage on Sunday so will try and upload those at some point!

Our dressage started off quite stressful when we got to the farm and someone was hitching the trailer that we had arranged to borrow to their car. Turns out they had forgotten and decided to use their trailer instead of their box! I got proper stressed but they said they would take me to my show and then come back for their horse as they were going to a different show! Eventually got there and he worked in quite nicely, however he was a right git in the test as a box drove past and a trailer, so he didn't want to work on one side of the arena after that. I was really surprised at the presentation to discover we had come 4th with 60%!!!!! I reckon the judge must have had her eyes shut!!! She also gave me a 7 for my riding and said blue is a nice pony who is willing to please! That made me and my instructor laugh as he's usually not willing to please at all!!!

I got the results from Banner's worm count today, what a shock, thought one of the new liveries was bad enough on 400 but Banner's has come back at a truly shocking 1225! There is a fair chance she will have worm damage and there is a definite risk to Lily. Banner has the most awful belly and it was generally assumed that it was due to such a big foal but I imagine it could be due to the worm burden as she is still quite thin everywhere else. I have to wait for the report from the consultant and her treatment plan to see what happens next. She doesn't seem ill at all but worm damage is hard to detect until things suddenly go wrong. Lily is at the poo investigating stage so I am obsessive about picking it up very quickly as it's a big danger to her. They have both been wormed with a broad spectrum wormer after the sample was taken so treatment has begun but think I will need specific types of wormer from the consultant.

Wanda is in love with Lily and makes wickering noises at her, Banner is very protective and warns Wanda off big style. It does look comical though, Lily is not up to Wanda's knees and Banner is not a lot bigger but has the heart of a lion when it comes to defending her child from a big bay monster. :laugh:

OMG at the worm count :ohmy: Poor Banner, thank goodness they both found their way to you :flowers:

We went out jumpies today, as we haven't done much jumping lately I wanted to try and find a good instructor to get us on our way so off we went this morning to a yard nice and local. We worked on a grid and he gave me a great feel :biggrin:

Off xc schooling next weekend, thank goodess we have had loads of rain today, hope it continues!

muchos1.JPG

I love this pic

muchos.JPG