UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

how do people find it working f/t and fitting a horse in as well i.e. travelling etc? it would be 3 days a week but unsure if she is on diy/full etc yet

ooohhh - that sounds very promising!

If I am being brutally honest, I find life one heck of a struggle in the winter. My yard is about 15 mins to 20 mins away from me and I am on sort of assisted DIY - someone else brings him in and puts feeds around, I do everything else! It does mean that I only have to go up once a day during the week, but, with 2 dogs and a FT job, and 2 horses, I find it difficult to balance the needs of everyone!! 3 days a week would be do-able tho!!!

Much easier in Summer (or at least it would be were it not for the foul weather which means Nemo has more rug changes than he had in the Winter!!! :rolleyes:

hum.....yeah i think it may be a struggle but as you say 3 days a week would be ok - She is looking for £20/week which includes everything except vet bills which would be halved. I dont think thats too bad considering would pay more for lessons a week anyway (although id probably have lessons on top of that..... :rolleyes: ) The horse does look lovely and it would be so (you are going to think am mad) relaxing to be able to go up and just do horsey things after being stuck in an office all day . The lass has another horse that she rides and brings on so doesnt have time for this mare but doesnt want to sell her. Her current sharer is from the cech republic and works on the yard but she is going back home this month hence why she is looking for another sharer.

Will have to go up and have a look at her and go from there - is there any particular questions I should ask? do BHS have a share contract or is it just loan ones that they have templates of?

Sounds a good deal!

I struggle in the winter but having a rough and tumble out doors boy does help ALOT!! In the winter I pooh pick at weekends or not at all and we just rotate the fields and harrow. And I go to see him in my lunch hour so I get some daylight time with him. The rest of the year it is a struggle to fit in dogs and horse (without me collapsing in a heap) but it's worth it!

I've used the BHS loan contracts for the last 2 loan horses I had. :flowers:

It is hard work - I've got 3 dogs, and 2 horses and work full time. In winter I also turn out someone elses horse every morning. My yard is about 15 min from my house and I only get to see the horses in daylight at the weekends in winter. It is hard work and involves some very early mornings in winter to get mucked out in the morning so I can ride etc in the evening without still being down there at 9pm!!!

It is do-able and 3 dys a week should be ok, especially if someone else will through feeds in/turn out in the mornings so you only have to go down once a day??

I'll have to ask that actually - i think i'd realistically only be able to get down there in the evenings during the week as am in the office for 8am after walking phoenix for an hour - it would be do able in the mornings i guess as there would be no traffic but would be a rush. whereas at night i finish at 4.30 so can get home for 4.45 get changed and head out before too much traffic builds up. I definately couldnt manage my own horse i dont know how you guys cope!!!! I wish I could work p/t :angry:

I wish I could work p/t :angry:

Don't get me started!!!!!!!!!! That's why I moved here to get a p/t job and have the luxury of beach riding and being able to have my own horse (previously I loaned a gorgeous boy from my riding school)....but I didn't bother to find out that the jobs are so badly paid here that I couldn't afford to go p/t!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: Nevermind...at least I've still got Kane ! :biggrin: Plus I'm very very lucky that where he is kept is on my way home.

AAAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: I need to rant! I'm so angry!!!

Okay I work all day...I have my own horse to look after (and Lynns while she's away), 4 dogs and 2 cats that need my attention also!!!!!!!! So why is it that after all day at work, I have to then go and sort out an injured foal because that lazy c*w has sat on her ars* all day doing nothing??????? I nearly nearly blew my top last night, luckily my friend who I was meeting for a walk drove passed the farm and saw me in the field struggling to bring Indy in, and she came up and helped me!! I had text Helen when I arrived to say had she cleaned Indy's legs this afternoon ...assuming of course she would of cleaned them in the morning because quiet obviously with those injuries they need cleaning twice a day...and cold hosing on the swelling. I got no reply to my text, so after seeing the Kane, Minty, Danny and Barney :angry: , I would go down and see how Indy looked!! Only to find her hock at least 3 times bigger than it was on wednesday and the cuts all muddy and weeping (of course it had rained like the devil)...so I bought her up and started to clean her! Paul turned up, and as soon as he saw her said 'omg I think we need the vet out..what do you think?' I said yes I would of said that this morning if I had been around to see it. He blew his top....'where the hell was Helen, why had Indy got to this state, wtf was Helen playing at?' Etc etc!!

Then up saunters Helen...I said, did you get my text. Oh no, sorry phone's in the caravan! I said well did you do her legs this morning? 'Oh ...ummm....well.....I was busy...had to go to Bangor ..(yeah shopping most likely!!) :angry: :angry: .

I'm so f*cking angry, I can cope with laziness and appathy...but I will not stand by and see an animal suffer neglect, and I'm sorry but to me that horse has been neglected! Lynn tried to ring me last night but I couldn't hear her, she text and said she'd be home today and wants to speak to me about 'stuff'!!! So I'm afraid I'm going to have to let rip! That horse needed a vet yesterday, and now she's had to wait til today (of course Paul will sort it out!). Luckily I had some bute and we've stabled her with Fred (so she hopefully won't jump out the stable again!) but why the hell was it left til 6 at night for me to deal with it!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: Ohhh....thanks feel better now!! Can't rant at work..they won't understand!! :biggrin:

:angry: Totally taking the piss!!! That has to be sorted, lazieness is bad enough but neglect is NOT ON!!

I'm heading off to Hickstead soon, it's still sunny so far but there are some clouds in the sky I hope the rain stays away. :unsure:

ETA: Good luck to your boss Anne

Edited by sanrossscot

Oh Jacky no wonder you are fuming :angry: I think you have every right to let rip, enough is enough there is no excuse for her letting poor Indy get in that state just because she is so bloody lazy!

Hopefully this may bring things to a head and some changes now happen :flowers:

Good luck to Anne's boss :flowers:

I am not speaking to the unmentionable person who is going to Hickstead whilst I am stuck at work :angry: :laugh: Have a lovely time, lots of photos please :biggrin:

My God, what an ignorant, callous, selfish cow. She needs a poke in the backside with a very sharp pointed stick!! Wish the RSPCA could do something about people like her.

It is completely unacceptable behaviour - if I were Paul I would be presenting her with the vets bill. Maybe this would make her pull her socks up.

Enjoy Hickstead San - was thinking of going there tomorrow, but can't really afford it :rolleyes:

My God, what an ignorant, callous, selfish cow. She needs a poke in the backside with a very sharp pointed stick!! Wish the RSPCA could do something about people like her.

It is completely unacceptable behaviour - if I were Paul I would be presenting her with the vets bill. Maybe this would make her pull her socks up.

:laugh: :laugh: Funnily enough the friend who helped me.....is actually the RSPCA inspector for Anglesey!!! :laugh: :laugh: Helen's face dropped when she saw her!!! :wink: Needless to say my friend wasn't entirely impressed...the saving grace is she knows that generally it's me and Lynn that care for the horses and obviously they are well cared for by us! :wink: