UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Oh I thought I'd be nice and let you see them now!!

Indy...shes grown loads since I took this one! But it will do for now!

PICT1089.jpg

Barney with Fred hiding behind him!!

PICT1077.jpg

Danny..lunging beautifully!!

PICT1175.jpg

Kane..not lunging beautifully...infact buggering off!!!!

PICT1194.jpg

Oh alright I'll come back...(That not me in the pic btw its my friend Helen!)

PICT1180.jpg

Nahhh actually I'll bugger off again!!

PICT1193.jpg

But mum you love me really!!!

PICT1106.jpg

that's what you get for lunging in the head collar, and in the lower ring too!! :laugh: if you must use a head collar, use the ring on the side, next to the mouth, it makes it easier to turn their head towards you.

Indy looks long legged!!! Barney and Fred :wub: :wub: Danny looks so well behaved, can I have him? :cool:

Jenny, just saw your pics, your boys look gorgous :wub: lunging looks pretty good to me!

Great pics Jacky - the ones of Kane cracked me up - I would say they look familair, but Rolo's dissappearing acts are normally accompanied by a few bucks :) Kane tracks up very nicely when he buggers off!!! :laugh:

Love the ponies - very cute :wub:

And Indy is just gorgeous :wub: again

Oooh glad I popped in, lots of lovely photos :biggrin:

I think that is the first picture I have seen of Rolo moving since the ones on his advert, he moves well doesn't he! Your lunging looks fine to me :wink2: Retirement certainly seems to be suiting Nemo! :wub:

Loved the Kane lunging pictures :laugh: Norty boy but oh so handsome :wub: Danny looks smashing, is his new mum working out well?

Fred and Barney make me laugh, they look so cheeky! Indy is such a pretty girlie :wub:

Sorry I thought I had posted my lesson update. It went really well, no superman jumps that gawd, I was really regretting not putting a neck strap on him going down to the first jump :laugh:

We worked on building up to doing a grid of three, he didn't put a foot wrong, nearly took my leg off on the jump wing when a third pole appeared on the floor for the first time :rolleyes:

RI said we are going to have to be careful with him as by the end of the lesson he had almost completely switched off to jumping 2ft, so we don't want to overface him but we need to keep him challenged, so the fences will have to go up soon. Hmmm I rather like jumping 2ft!

Had a lovely hack last night and today, out on our own both times and it was bliss!

So much to catch up on and so many fab pictures!!

Kane certainly looks like he is enjoying himself!!! :biggrin:

Clare well done with the jumping, he is coming along so well with it, very impresive, will be watching on telly in no time!!

I've been having fun with Kai this weekend. I had a lesson on her on Friday, she is in season at the moment and was on top form. First she tried to buck me off, then she just started throwing her back end around. The riding instructor said she was amazed I has stayed on top.

Took her out for a hack Saturday, she has been napping again since she had her back problem so I was expecting her to have a strop, but she was throwing herself all over the road and spinning for home. We sat it out and eventually she carried on.

This morning I schooled her again. Luckily she decided that trying to send me into orbit hadn't worked so she just refused to do anything, wouldn't bend, acept the bit, chucked her head all over the place. Took me half an hour to do one nice circle of trot in both directions, as so as she did we stopped.

Remind me again why I like mares!! :rolleyes:

sounds to me like she is in pain, Milliesmum?

She has already been checked over and just had some mild bruising which will have well cleared, so I know its she's fit and well, but evidently being in season can make a mare sore across their back etc, so may be this. I going to get a suppliment for her to try to hope this helps. If not I'll have a word with the vets and see what they say, I know there are a few things we can try with her.

how tall is kane Jacky? (in cm's preferably :happy: ) He looks huge and small at the same time. I love his hairy legs, I could just squish them silly :wub:

He's 15.2hh so (quick google to help convert) 157 cm. He's a heavy weight cob (alot of shire in there) and certainly knows it!!!! I've since these pictures (they are actually quiet old!!) bought a lunging caverson(sp) but he still buggers off with that on!!! :laugh:

Mind you the Kane transformation is still happening! This weekend he hacked out twice, led both rides and was really really good!

I'll get some new ones of Indy, cos she's absolutely stunning now! Lynn is considering selling her, and tbh I'll be very upset if she does, I really really want to see how she turns out once she can be ridden cos she's such a sweet kind girl! (Humm horse swap coming on!!! :laugh: ) She took her first bit yesterday, absolutely no issues. Quiet happily letting me put it and taking it out! She's quiet a dream. :wub: :wub:

Milliesmum, you are mad! At least Kane just does a runner I couldn't cope with bucks and rears!! You are a brave woman. I used a calming supplement when I first got Kane (couldn't get close to him for weeks!) and it really helped. I think it was a Hiltons Herb one.

Well done Clare, I'm so jealous (and proud) of what you and Loki are doing together.

Don't forget Jacky not so long ago you were schooling Kane in an indoor school, jumping and taking him to sponsored rides! Once this blip is done with you will be off doing exciting things again, in fact I think I remember you both really enjoying your jumping :biggrin:

Millesmum, my last horse suffered really badly with her seasons and was very sore across her back, you couldn't even run a brush over the area without her objecting. There are loads of supplements out there it is just finding the right one :flowers: Have to say after speaking to Global Herbs about Loki's recent problems and then using the products they recommened I was really impressed with them, so they might be worth calling.

What awful weather this weekend, not helped by having to go to work today and the sun is shining bright :angry: Manged to school yesterday in the gale force winds and driving rain it was lovely :rolleyes: Loki wore his rain sheet for the first time and was very good, the wind did catch underneath it a few times and we had turbo charge for a few strides :laugh:

Starting to panic about the two dressage comps coming up a week apart, one is prelim 7 and the other 4. I am not sure how to learn both without mixing them up, actually I can't even remember one at the moment :wacko:

Hmmm hypothetical question :sleep:

If your horse was at a yard where he appeared happy and settled, but where the care of said horse could be unreliable and not overly desirable. Not a major problem when horse is on DIY, but with impending holiday approaching in a few months time, owner is feeling very uneasy about leaving him in care of establishment. To add to dilemna, contary to what she was told when moving to yard it appears no one else is allowed to be left in charge of horse other than establishment. Even a favour of turning out a friends horse is getting frowned upon. By the time holiday comes around two best friends at yard who could be trusted to keep a sneaky eye on horse will have left :mecry:

What hypothetically of course :rolleyes: would you do?

What hypothetically of course :rolleyes: would you do?

Panic!!! :( Ummm I really don't know! I'm so lucky that I trust Lynn 100%...and her me as she went on holiday today leaving me with Minty and the 3 foals to look after!!! I think you should speak to the yard owner, I don't care if they frown upon people coming to care for Loki, if he's on DIY then surely it's your responsibility to care for him, and in your absence you should be allowed to choose who does? Where are the 2 girls going that have left? Is there any chance he could go with them for the time you are away? It's a shame because other than this you seem really settled there but when you are away you need to know that he is being cared for in the way you would do so.

No unfortuanly one is moving away and the other is selling her horse :unsure:

My life would be made a misery if I moved him to be looked after whilst I was away. Plus I would worry about him even more if he was in a strange place, and I wasn't around.

May be his jaw could flare up that month and he could go back to the vets :laugh: