UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sorry This Is Really Bugging Me Now....

Staffordworld

Sorry but this is really bugging the hell out of me now :glare:

Right at the bottom of each page where it says RSS then has skind selector etc... well across to right is something that says queries and the number changes. What does that mean??? :mellow: I even tried clicking it as it has one of those line thingies under it thats clickable but it just takes me back to where I was :mellow:

So, anyone know what it means then to cure my curiosty :unsure: :wacko:

errr what is sql :unsure:

There is a programming language called SQL which is what makes the messages appear in nice boxes, with names on and sorted into threads, gives you options over colours and fonts etc etc. ie 'makes it all tic' as Richard said.

If you ever have to deal with it, it's like a pageload of gibberish - something like HTML if you've seen that for web pages? SQL works on the data being in tables and moves things about by creating links between them and queries which pull the data from a table and puts it prettily on the screen for you. Meaning you can also see all posts since you last logged in, or last posts you made or everything in one thread.

:wacko: This is probably not making sense to you, and in trying to simplify it, it probably isn't that accurate either :laugh: but does it give you an idea?

Pam