UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Big Rosette Or Shield?

crazyspaniels

having thoughts about the rescue dog agility league class that I sponsor and wondering about the prize, alongside a voucher for gifts4gundogs I had thought about a shield or something but now having won a few rosettes this year I wondered if people prefer a special big rosette to a shield, whats the fav thing you have won at agility??

I personally havent won anything other than rosettes and a couple of framed certificates, but i would love to win a shield. At the emdac finals a few months ago they gave out little trophys - models of weaves or jumps mounted on wood. I would be overjoyed to get something like that. IMO Rosettes are nice, but if you are good enough to win the league, chances are you have a fair few rosettes already and a shield would be extra special.

having thoughts about the rescue dog agility league class that I sponsor and wondering about the prize, alongside a voucher for gifts4gundogs I had thought about a shield or something but now having won a few rosettes this year I wondered if people prefer a special big rosette to a shield, whats the fav thing you have won at agility??

I prefer practical stuff like glassware but not very practical if you have to post it.

I'm sponsoring the Juniors and I rather hoped Karen would sort it and just let me know how much I owed. Lazy of me, I know.

No doubt she'll let us know what she wants us to do. Not a problem if I need to get trophies myself.

Trophy of some sort rather than a rosette for me.

Pam

We have won a few rosettes and shields this year. My favourite is the shields as they represent a bigger achievement i.e coming 1st or 2nd as opposed to 17th for instance.

The prizes Lucy and Meg describes sound great - To win a trophy which represents the sport would be really nice. (I am sure it helps when you have to try and describe to your neighbours what on earth they're for)

When Charliegoo won flyball dog of the year, he got an annual shield for the year (which I've got to give back next year :mecry: ) and a smaller 6" one, which we get to keep. I really like it, because all the rosettes he wins just tend to get chucked in a bag at the end of the year and thrown under my bed to make room for the new ones. Here is a picture of what he got (apologies for him looking so unimpressed - he's just been woken up from his snooze on the sofa to have the picture taken :rolleyes: )

charlieshield.jpg