UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sunday Times Today [30th July]

Melp

There are the likes of David Smith and Andrew Gough all over the country. They wouldn't be plying their disgusting trade if it were not for the money-grubbing owners and trainers.

So, yes, that's where the anger should be directed.

And as long as Greyhounds are exploited for betting and for money-making nothing will change. Self-regulation, external regulation - just cosmetic.

Greyhound racing has to stop!

im with the ones wanting a ban -

if regulations have been broken in the past they will be again :angry:

in a few months time when things have dies down again - the public will forget and the same thing will carry on

I have started a few debates on other forums I goto - mainly parenting ones - just to spread awareness & the word but I always struggle when others say about tighter regulations & if it was banned there would just be more underground meets etc!! anyone who wants to cmoe & join in please do!! http://www.ukparents.co.uk/forum/viewtopic...p=350049#350049 I think you need to register??? ta! x

Edited by kelli

:mecry:

Good on the Sunday Times for not letting this go.

I know this guy isn't responsible for the industry, for those dogs being bred, raced and then handed over for killing, but these photos are very powerful images and may hopefully stop some from supporting the industry. I hope this will at least reduce numbers in attendance at greyhound racing and lower the numbers betting.

Kelli, I can't really understand how greyhound racing could go "underground" in the same way that something like dog fighting has - it's got to be incredibly hard to hide/keep a racing track secret, surely? :unsure: . And just because people feel something might go underground, is that a reason to keep it going legally/openly? Would these people want to see dog fighting made legal just because people do it illegally now?

that is the sort of reply I put - I put

I dont buy the underground argument - there is NO WAY that racing could take part underground as big as it does know - there will of course be some but no where near on the scale it is now

but your way puts it across much better!! thats where I struggle in debates

There are the likes of David Smith and Andrew Gough all over the country. They wouldn't be plying their disgusting trade if it were not for the money-grubbing owners and trainers.

So, yes, that's where the anger should be directed.

And as long as Greyhounds are exploited for betting and for money-making nothing will change. Self-regulation, external regulation - just cosmetic.

Greyhound racing has to stop!

Totally agree. Any form of regulation is just papering over the cracks.

Racing industry = dead greyhounds

IMHO the single voice from people that care should be for a ban.

The numbers are heart breaking :( :( - you quote them nearly everytime somebody mentions racing :angry: , but actually seeing an obituary written to two dogs (who most greyhound owners can look and say there but for the grace of god and/or a space in the rescue being available is my boy/girl) really makes you want to cry. :mecry: :cry:

I really want this industry to hurt as badly as every dog it has ever killed/injured. :grrr: