UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Messed Up My Pm Archiving

loobie

Help, ever since joining the refuge I have happily been archiving my pms and storing them in a special email folder :) I had to refer to an old one yesterday and discovered that I have archived them in the wrong format and it is all gobbledy goop :mecry: :mecry:

Is there anything I can do to rectify it please :unsure:

and for future archiving (as my pm box is full) which format do I choose :wacko:

Thanx

L xx

always choose HTML

not sure if you can convert the old ones :unsure:

that is the thing Sam, I thought I was choosing HTML

think I will archive one little lonely pm and see what happens :rolleyes:

Update - I have just archived 5pms in HTML and they have all come up total gobbledy goop :mecry: :mecry:

Edited by loobie

I have a somewhat convoluted solution that will work if you have WinZip (free trial is available if you don't).

Copy the text of the email into a new text file (use notepad or whatever you prefer, but not word).

Save the file as a .MIM file - if you're using notepad, you need to enter eg archive1.MIM and then select 'All Files' in the save as type drop down.

Double click on the .MIM file, and it should open with WinZip. IT will show several files within the archive. One of these will have your messages in.

Open them til you find the one (for me it was unkown.001). Open that file (choose notepad if it asks you too choose a program to open it with), and it should look like a bit less gobbledy-gooky gobbledy gook (html in fact). Save the content as an html file (same way as you did for the MIM file, but name it filename.html), and it should then be openable in IE and show you all your messages.

(If that doesn't make sense or you need more help, feel free to PM me - alternatley, someone more techy might have a much simpler solution)

Edited by Sophie

I have a somewhat convoluted solution that will work if you have WinZip (free trial is available if you don't).

Copy the text of the email into a new text file (use notepad or whatever you prefer, but not word).

Save the file as a .MIM file - if you're using notepad, you need to enter eg archive1.MIM and then select 'All Files' in the save as type drop down.

Double click on the .MIM file, and it should open with WinZip. IT will show several files within the archive. One of these will have your messages in.

Open them til you find the one (for me it was unkown.001). Open that file (choose notepad if it asks you too choose a program to open it with), and it should look like a bit less gobbledy-gooky gobbledy gook (html in fact). Save the content as an html file (same way as you did for the MIM file, but name it filename.html), and it should then be openable in IE and show you all your messages.

(If that doesn't make sense or you need more help, feel free to PM me - alternatley, someone more techy might have a much simpler solution)

:mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

help can't do it

Doggiemom has cracked this one I think - she uses an gmail account - might be worth asking her :)

I have a gmail account :)

but dont know what to do with relation to archiving pm's :unsure: :unsure:

Edited by loobie