UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Killing Field Of The Dog Industry

Brindlebabe

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: GRW - Greyhound Rescue Wales.

GRW "intends to continue with its strategy which aims to achieve effective, independent regulation of Greyhound racing in Wales".

Therefore, they will not "be officially represented at the march being organised by Hope Rescue, I am sure that many members of Greyhound Rescue Wales will want to support the march in an individual capacity".

I just dont geddit??

As i understand it, the protest isnt focussing on "just" abolition, hence why the Greyhound Action (??) arent attending and are organising their own?

Therefore, why would GRW not officially endorse when the protest is organised according to their preferance?

Not making a personal stance, its just that im finding the whole thing confusing.

Pamela Anderson..

>From www.pr-inside.com

Pamela Anderson wants to save greyhounds from the 'cruel' world of racing.

2006-07-25 09:45:59 -

The former 'Baywatch' star, an ardent animal rights campaigner, has hit out at the industry over their barbaric treatment of the dogs.

In a furious rant on her official website, Pammie attacks both breeders and trainers for making greyhounds' lives a misery.

She angrily writes: "I can't believe I still read about such ignorant blatant cruelty. Thousands of greyhounds are killed each year as the declining dog-racing industry struggles to stay alive. Some puppies are killed in the name of "selective breeding" before they ever touch a racetrack. Dogs who do qualify to become racers typically live in cages, are kept muzzled by their trainers at all times and are forced to race in extreme conditions - ranging from subzero temperatures to sweltering heat of more than 100°F.

"Most dogs who slow down and become unprofitable are either killed immediately or sold to research laboratories." Pammie, an active member of animal rights group PETA, urges people to log onto website www.helpinganimals.com to learn more about the plight of the animals.

The blonde actress also pleads with other animal lovers to save a retired greyhound from certain death by adopting one.

She adds: "If you can offer a greyhound a good home, the Greyhound Protection League (www.greyhounds.org) organizes adoption programmes throughout the United States." Pammie recently posed almost completely nude in the shop window of fashion designer Stella McCartney's London store as part of an anti-fur protest.

Re: GRW - Greyhound Rescue Wales.

GRW "intends to continue with its strategy which aims to achieve effective, independent regulation of Greyhound racing in Wales".

Therefore, they will not "be officially represented at the march being organised by Hope Rescue, I am sure that many members of Greyhound Rescue Wales will want to support the march in an individual capacity".

I just dont geddit??

As i understand it, the protest isnt focussing on "just" abolition, hence why the Greyhound Action (??) arent attending and are organising their own?

Therefore, why would GRW not officially endorse when the protest is organised according to their preferance?

Not making a personal stance, its just that im finding the whole thing confusing.

I don't believe the group have had time to talk to Alan yet, but will be doing so shortly :)

Ive spoken to Alain at length today via email. He is more than sure that *most* of the GRW supporters will there in an individual capacity as opposed to an *official* one which is the stance I feel most rescues will take. Purely for relationships they need to maintain on the other side of the fence to continue allowing dogs to pass to safety whilst improvements etc are implemented. :)

Also Whippet racing and terrier racing

Hiya Galty long time no see. Sadly your statement is misguided! Here is a quote from an email circulated by Tony that im sure under the circumstances of your implication he wont mind me posting.

We use the term "commercial greyhound racing" to distinguish between dog racing done to make money and that done merely as a hobby. We would like to see a ban on betting on dog racing and a very strict limitation on the value of prizes given to the winners. This would take the profit-motive out of dog racing and so massively reduce the number of greyhounds bred. People would still be able to race greyhounds as a hobby, rather like lurcher and whippet racing, but by and large the dogs would be well-treated, as they would not be considered as money-making machines.

Wendy, im sure if Alain wanted his email posted on here he would do so himself :) The general gist is as I said GRW volunteers are happy to march as individuals as opposed to an organisation

Sorry cant edit my post for some reason :huh: what I meant about Alain is that after that email was received I spoke to him at length yesterday and the situation has moved on quite a bit from how it was then, hope that explains it a bit better :flowers: :) Multi tasking yet again and not taking the time to explain myself properly