UA-12921627-3

So what's happening Pingu?

I am currently doing some tinkering behind the scenes to add in some features I want in place before I do the reorganisation.

during this time you may notice your member group changes, weird buttons appear.. and then vanish and slices of toast suddenly materialise before being eaten by a low flying puppy...

all is well and will be working fully over the next week.

rescue wise I have some really nice stuff going in that I hope will be of use to you for both re-homing and fundraising.. provided it all works properly of course...

Photo

Changes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pingu

Pingu

mawk mawk!

• Root Admin
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:02 PM

I have started to make some changes to the site.

I know its taken me ages but .... well... anyhow

the first change completed today and that was a major one

the forums now sit on a much more powerful system which will allow me to do the rest of the changes.

the next one will be an upgrade of the board software. this is not a small job as the new version has a lot of things that are different to this one.

I will initially do a test board to see how much get screwed up during the upgrade and take it from there. after that I will be merging a lot of the lesser used forums as well as performing a general tidy up.

hopefully you will notice a speed increase now but the spring.. summer clean should help even more. there will be integration with facebook and twitter etc so hopefully we can create a joined up community where stuff posted in one place will sow in many. thi should help with lost and found/rehoming etc

anyhow. its been a busy day so I am off to watch some telly

• Yantan likes this

#2 Jazz

Jazz

The shy one

• Rescue member
  • 16,451 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:14 PM

thank you xx

#3 Yantan

Yantan
  • Rescue member
  • 16,623 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

Thanks Mr Pingu  :flowers:

We seem to have lost some posts in July's chatter thread though.

#4 Pingu

Pingu

mawk mawk!

• Root Admin
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:02 PM

erm... they have probably gone to the great devnull in the sky I am afraid.

#5 kimthecat

kimthecat
  • Established Member
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:27 AM

Oops! Sounds like nightmare trying to upgrade.  i wouldnt have a clue how to do anything like this .

good Luck!