UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December 23

Jazz

Snow and ice are melting here for the time being, might take Fin out for a bit if sun comes through later.  Tomorrow should also be ok for a walk in the forest, but heavy snow is coming in early Sunday morning. Been watching all the extra blackbirds who winter in my conifers, they love the facilities at mine especially the warmed water on frosty mornings.

No snow here, but cold and frosty. meant to be sunny this afternoon but wont get above freezing . Had a lovely walk with with the dogs earlier. Richard's away for his work so had to  walk all 3 , separately as I can't manage them  together anymore. They love frosty mornings - everything smells so different. off to have a coffee to warm me up. Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Snowy here and bitterly cold so of course our boiler chooses today to pack up  . Luckily we have a gas fire so can keep the living room warm and a portable heater for the bedroom. an emergency plumber is hopefully coming soon. we'll see if he turns up. It's only two years old so still under warranty but that's no com fort on a cold Sunday morning lol.

Hope scans etc can be done asap, Jazz.

Eve, tough luck with the boiler, hope plumber can get it working.

We had a very brisk and frosty walk in the forest yesterday. Staying home today as snow is melting but now thick fog everywhere. 

Bitterly cold here but no more snow.

A few years ago our boiler packed in the day before we were due to go away for Christmas.

We had a wood burner  which was very effective on heating the whole house but we needed the central heating  for when we were away.

Fortunately, a local heating engineer came out that day and fixed it. Otherwise we wouldn't have been able to go away.

Heating is now working 😃 turned out to be an electrical fault so the plumber couldn't fix it but an electrician  came out yesterday and we're all sorted now. actually got to wash in warm water this morning so I'm happy now. It's the simple things lol

• Like 1