UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ollidaze

pboae

We just got back from a week in France, so I thought I'd share some pics of my travelling pooch. :wub:

We stayed in a gite an hour or so from Calais, and I only remembered to take the camera when we went to Stella Plage. When we were there they were redistributing the sand so there were false sandbanks dividing the beach up, so he even got to go off lead for a bit inside one of the sandbank squares.

Full steam ahead...

beach1.jpg

just strolling

beach7.jpg

it's thirsty work

beach2.jpg

and one of him in the garden of the Gite

sully_garden.jpg

Unfortunately we had problems with the Gite this time round, (the enclosed garden only had half a gate!) but we still had a great holiday. Sully's passport is filling up fast. :biggrin:

oooh, lovely pics. Do you mind saying where you stayed? We've booked a week in a gite which is about an hour from Calais too and it would be great to have some tips on where we can go with the mutts. (providing it's an hour in the same direction :laugh: )

Edited by eve

The beach is Stella Plage, I believe it is packed in high season though. We've stayed round that area a few times, because it's an easy drive from the eurotunnel. The rampart walk around Montreuil sur Mer (which is no longer sur mer!) is lovely. There is another walk through the woods around the base of the ramparts, but I've not been down there. My niece and nephew were with me this time so we didn't really go out in the evenings, but last time we stayed in Verchoq and the bar there was very dog friendly, if you will be round there I can find out what the bar was called. Generally we find it to be incredibly dog friendly and could always find a cafe or bar that welcomed Sully.

There's also some beautiful walks in the woods at Hesdin.

Have you sorted a vet out yet? Last time we used one in St. Omer called Dr Dandrifosse but I wasn't keen, I felt he handled Sully roughly and was incredibly expensive (nearly E100), this time we went to Dr Richard-Goube in Etaples and he was lovely, (and E64 which was much more reasonable, considering Sully's size). With the added advantage of the Etaples market on a Friday (if you are coming home on a Saturday) and the Stella Plage beach 10 mins away.