UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

White Sbt (x?) Bitch Stevenage Possibly Stolen?

Allie No Dots

Crossposting with permission

"I work at a Veterinary surgery and we had a stray SBT brought into our practice last Monday (10th July) afternoon. She was found at the side of the road assumed to have had an RTA, but she had also had recent stifle surgery (2-3 weeks ago) on her left hind leg.

We xrayed her and discovered that her stifle surgery was a tibial crest avulsion repair (fixed with a pin and cerclage wire). In the (presumed) RTA, this is now smashed again, she also had a fractured left fibula and her right acetabulum is also smashed and dislocated.

The poor little thing must have been in so much pain, but she was so sweet and didn't cry at all.

Anyway, the point of this was to see if anyone remembers operating on her recently (if you work at the vets) or she matches the description of a dog you might know who has recently gone missing. She is an 18 month old Staffordshire Bull Terrier bitch and very friendly. She is small (only 13kg) and is white with small black spots.

She was found in Stevenage, but she could have come from further afield. I know this is a long shot, but if this is your dog or you think you know who she belongs to, please call Julie, Catherine or Mary at Fairlight Veterinary Centre on 01438 355528. We REALLY want to find her owner.

(Incase anyone lives in the area and has seen the article in The Comet newspaper, I'd just like to let you know that we did not see the article before it was published. As you can see ... they have got it all a bit wrong. There was no mention of her being put to sleep - we wanted the article to be written in an attempt to find her owner. She has in fact been taken to a rehoming shelter who are arranging for her to have sugery to repair her injuries at a referal centre.)

Anybody who can help we would be very grateful!! Thanks"

Edited to add OP has asked if it could be crossposted.

Edited by zico's mum