UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gt Agility, Newbury

Amaranth

Pretty good weekend really, no clear rounds for me but some excellent progress from Merlyn with no more than a pole/1 missed contact(which was my fault) per round. Kleine's fear of the See Saw now cleared up in Training really showed itself in the Casual agility so I was very glad of the opportunity to nurse her over the higher equipment with no pressure. She weaved really well and jumped cleanly - standard height is ideal for her. All in all a good show even if I do have a really burnt nose!! The club did really well :)

Roll on Bincknoll next Sunday!

i wish id seen that too, i was there all weekend. i would gladly have given away one of my dogs to be in a caravan on sat night. it was HELL! dudley was quite good. we got a clear in the gamblers which is unheard of as i always eliminate him in both games classes. the steeplechase was quite difficult for a beginners and he did a fab clear and came 5th! my jrt was in nursery as was quite slow and rubbish getting 10f but ran without a toy for the first time and went straight in the cloth tunnel so was pleased. sunday we got clear in snooker and a 10th in the steeplechase this time a much faster course so i wasnt expecting to get a place considering i havent got a collie but there were a few hpr gundogs in the placings which was nice. in the jumping i didnt work an angle very well and got a refusal so i raced him round the rest of the course and he had one down. ran the agility nfc and my jrt did a good clear in the nursery going a little bit faster and getting inside the time. she was the only clear in the whole nursery group though. :)

I saw the beginners steeplechase on Saturday and I thought it was a bit much for the level. Beginners jumping on Sunday looked nice though (walked it with a friend who was in it).

I had a good weekend. With two dogs, I managed 3 1st's and 1 2nd, so really pleased, they worked really well - all the other classes were totally my fault when we went wrong, so was still pleased as they worked well in all classes.

I saw the beginners steeplechase on Saturday and I thought it was a bit much for the level. Beginners jumping on Sunday looked nice though (walked it with a friend who was in it).

I had a good weekend. With two dogs, I managed 3 1st's and 1 2nd, so really pleased, they worked really well - all the other classes were totally my fault when we went wrong, so was still pleased as they worked well in all classes.

The Sunday courses were much kinder to the Beginners than Saturdays were. Congratulations on all your success!

the sat courses were harder but they are much better for dudley than the fast courses as he cant compete with collies in speed. the jumping on the sun was quite hard i thought, there were loads of dogs missing the 4th jump including us!

there were loads of dogs missing the 4th jump including us!

And us!

IT was awkward, because it wasn't obvious that it would be a problem until you started running. I would have gone clear if i had run it a second time with meg! Luckily for me i have 2 dogs in that class, but one is a std and the other a maxi, so i missed it with the first one and knew what to do for the 2nd. Sadly the maxi dog is not a very good weaving dog yet, so i had no luck with either dog.

i didnt have that excuse because i was watching from the queue and noticed what was happening but just didnt work it properly.on the plus side, we got clears in gamblers and snooker which was amazing as i always eliminate us by the 2nd or 3rd jump

i didnt have that excuse because i was watching from the queue and noticed what was happening but just didnt work it properly.on the plus side, we got clears in gamblers and snooker which was amazing as i always eliminate us by the 2nd or 3rd jump

I was doing the timing for some of the Gamblers - we could have said hello had we known!

Merlyn and I are running 26" classes at Bincknoll tomorrow if anyone is going :)