UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

One Thing After Another...

Moosley

:( We have had Bella Poopie nearly 3 weeks i think now and she is already on her 3rd dose of antibiotics :(

Four days after we got her from the rescue centre, we took her to the vets and we were told that she has/has had Kennel Cough and is 'getting over it' and true to his word, she has only coughed two or three times in the last couple of days...

Then we found she was absolutely riddled with worms but a few days after being wormed again she was clear..

But she was also diagnosed with really bad Cystitis, it was bad enought to warrant pain killers (Metacam) as well as Antibiotics (Synulox). It never stopped hurting her much after the 5 days of antibiotics so we took her back and it was still the cystitis and so she had more antibiotics (Metronidaziol)(sp).

After two weeks of being on those antibiotics she *finally* looked better but in the last day or two she has started 'bopping' again, trying to pee but unable and straining a fair bit. We eventually got a pee sample and it just came back as cystitis *again* so once again Bella is on a course of Synulox, i don't think we can shove any more antibiotics through her after this.... the vet even upped the dose a bit too...

We have been giving her 'live' yoghurt with her food (Arden Grange stuff that was given from rescue centre but we are planning to change it eventually) and she is having some rice and occasionally chicken added to her food as she is *constantly* hungry, even after her feed she would just lay in bed crying and take her bowl to bed and cry more and she got snappy too as she was so hungry, i'm sure having worms didnt help!

Is there anything else we can do to help with the Cystitis? nothing seems to really work and if it does, within a day or two of stopping it returns again :(

Have never had a dog with cystitis but, as Jayne said, cranberry juice is meant to be good for people. That's a lot of antibiotics isn't it :( . Do you have any homeopathic vets in your area? Perhaps they could suggest something for her. Sorry she's been so poorly :GroupHug:

:rolleyes: pesky poopie! she is doing a bit better now but she keeps peeing all over the place and it upsets her because she knows we dont like it, even if we keep our voice tone the same and all we do is take her outside to where we are training her to pee. We do generally have her housetrained already which is great LOL

I wasn't sure if dogs could have cranberry juice or not and how would we give it to her? Would she drink it do you think? :glare: on second thoughts.. she'll eat or drink anything she can get!

I guess you all need photos to help you think ;)

love the pics, she's gorgeous! I'd try cranberry juice too, make sure it's real cranberry juice though, not all additives and sugar etc.

I'd talk to a Homeopathic Vet, she can't keep having all those antibiotics, they're going to end up harming her. To find one try here

http://www.bahvs.com/

http://www.trusthomeopathy.org/trust/tru_over.html

You mentioned on the other thread about wanting her to have meat etc, well, just give her meat - raw chicken wings, steak, whatever you fancy except pork probably - a lot of dogs don't do well on pork. Veggies are good for them, throw a pile in the processor/ toss her a carrot, whatever works for you. My girl loves an apple too, and most fruit except kiwi fruit :wink:

I'll send her Reiki if she wants it.

Edited by Muriel

Have read of this,

http://www.vetinfo.com/dbladder.html#Antib...der%20infection

trying to pee but unable and straining a fair bit. We eventually got a pee sample and it just came back as cystitis *again

also has she had any x-rays done to make sure there are no stones presant,as you say hear that she has been straining to wee, and been in a lot of pain, if not better to get them done, just to rule stones out.