UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

In Search Of A Missing Collie

owl

Hi agility fugees,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this chap Spot.

A lady who attends agility shows has recently joined Doglost as a helper and is certain she saw one of our missing dogs at Longleat in 2004. She has a great liking for collies with unusual facial markings and was very taken with this dog, so much so that she spoke to the lady owner and said what a handsome collie etc and made a fuss of him. The owner she thinks was competing with other dogs but not this chap who she had recently adopted from a rescue.

Spot went missing from Milford Haven in 2002. His people put up a website for him which is here:

http://www.search4spot.co.uk/

and his page on the Doglost site is here:

http://www.doglost.co.uk/forum.asp?ID=614

I have mailed Ellen Rocco on agility.net, not sure what else I can do on this.

Please crosspost to agility forums and groups if you would, thanks.

:flowers:

Can see why people might mistake Nilla for Spot. Hopefully Ellen will remember if she was at Longleat in 2004 and then you can establish whether it would have been Nilla or Spot seen there Phebe. Sounds likely that it was Nilla though doesn't it?

I hope there's some good news for Spot's owners one day :flowers:

Sorry, no.

We have ruled out Nilla already because Nilla has no black spot on head, and this chap definitely did. If it wasn't Spot who was at the show, it was a carbon copy. I know the lady who saw the dog, she has been around collies all her life, and she thinks it was Spot or his double. She was actually stroking and fussing him so got a good look at the head spot.

Edited by owl

I have made a note on Spot's thread in Doglost asking anyone seeking Spot to go to Spot's own site and look at all his pictures on it, and to take care not to confuse him with Nilla. I hope this will stop people from causing any possible annoyance to Nilla's mum.

That's a difficult one, and would have to be sorted out by the people concerned. Spot's family are very nice sensible people however. I think ultimately they would consider what was best for Spot. In view of the way he went missing - stolen by someone who broke into the house - they are very concerned about what may have happened to him but we all think it very likely that Spot may have been sold on to an innocent party or just dumped somewhere and maybe picked up.