UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Holiday Pics :-D

gooster

The horses were all fine, we popped over to the stables 3 times whilst we were there, and each time, they all had clean deep shavings beds, plenty of water. Only thing lacking was hay, but I suppose in a country like Egypt, they may have to substitute the hay with something else :unsure: When we went to ride them, we showed up at 8.45am, and there were about 6 grooms all giving the horses a good brush over and checking they were ok.

The camels all seemed ok, one bloke was going to ride them, but they said he was too heavy to ride, so I figure there must be some kind of welfare there - the little girl who led us told us that dad's camel is her baby :)

Overall, I have certainly seen worse cared for animals - I imagine they would have a shock looking in on Blue's stable with his half eaten straw bed and empty haynet (this is because he is a gannet, and he does have rubber matting down to make his floor as comfy as possible once he has eaten all his bed :laugh: )

It was the Concorde El Salam. Fab hotel, the staff could not do enough for you. It is close to the airport though, so you do get some noise as they are taking off, however a lot of the hotels are actually on the flight path to the airport, so you will have planes flying overhead quite low throughout the day - at least with the Concorde you only hear them, as opposed to flying over your head all day! It also has a super short transfer time too - about 15 mins :)

WOW...... Egypt looks a fab place, i really liked the piccie of your camel as it looks like he/she was smiling for you!

nice to hear that they turned down a gent for being too large, when we were in greece we went to zeus' cave (i stayed in the car...history and a 15 year old who wanted to be on the beach doesn't mix!), you had to go up this steep hill to get to the cave and the guide insisted my mum go on the donkey... she said they would pay but she wanted to walk (she is a large lady) as it wasn't fair on the donkey... he kept pushing and pushing and in the end she had to get on the poor thing

edited to add......... i am very jealous of your toned mid riff!!! can you please take mine to the gym with you!

Edited by griff